In the US, Comcast is one of the famous and largest providers of internet service. Comcast has set up its Giga network so that it can support places and businesses. It provides Wi-Fi, Internet, Ethernet, along with other solutions for businesses. Using the services of Comcast Business, many enterprises can use the internet service as per their need. They provide very high-speed internet to the enterprises and makes them more productive.
So, if you are looking for the procedure for 10.1.10.1 login to the Comcast Business, then you are in the right place. Here, I will discuss the entire login procedure and how to do the whole setup.
Placing your router for 10.1.10.1 login
First of all, you have to get an internet plan for Comcast. Then, to place your router in the correct position, you can follow these tips:-
- Placing the router at the center of your home will enable all the devices to receive the signal more effectively. Otherwise, it is better to place your router where it will be in line with your device.
- When you are using an Ethernet cable, you have to ensure that the cable can be connected to the router. Also, you have to make sure that the router is at almost equal distances from all the devices that you will connect.
- Make sure that you place the router a bit higher. Also, try to keep the obstructions between the router and the devices to a minimum. This will help improve the network quality.
- Always keep the router away from home security systems, microwaves, ceiling fans, or any other interference.
- Additionally, keeping the router beside glass walls, mirrors, etc will affect the signal of the router.
Connect to the network of Comcast
After you have placed your router in the correct location, you have to turn it on and connect to the Comcast Business network.
Connecting to the network of 2.4GHz
So, to connect to the 2.4GHz network, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your device and enable the wireless features. However, this option can be located in different places for different devices.
- After that, in the section of available networks, you have to click on the option of 2.4GHz business network. Now, when you are prompted, you have to type in the Network Key. You will be able to find the Network keys as well as the Network Name on a label at the bottom of your router. Here, you will see that there are two different Network Keys for the 2.4GHz as well as the 5.0GHz. You have to use the key for the 2.4GHz here.
- when you have successfully entered the key, you have to click on the option of “OK”, “Connect”, or “Join” to successfully connect to the network of Comcast Business.
Connecting to the network of 5GHz
You can also connect to the 5GHz network. These connections are denoted by CBCI-XXXX-5.0. You can follow these steps to successfully connect to this network:-
- Go to the tab of Wireless and choose the network that will support the device with a 5GHz network. You can select it from the available Wireless Gateway.
- After this, you will be prompted to type in the Network Key. You will be able to find the Key for the 5GHz network from the label at the bottom of the router.
- Then, you have to click on the option of “OK”, “Connect”, or “Join”. This will enable you to connect to the network of Comcast Business successfully.
Now, double-check your connection to see if the connection is proper. After that move forward and login to 10.1.10.1.
Accessing the Admin Tool by Comcast Business login
You have to access the Admin tool if you want to make changes or manage the security settings and the Comcast network. To improve network security, you have to change the default login credentials of your network. You can log in and change the settings of your network by following these steps:-
- Open any browser on the device that is connected to the Comcast and go to the IP address of 10.1.10.1. Now the Admin tool of the Comcast login page will open. If this is your first time logging in, you have to enter your default username and password to enter the Comcast login page.
- The Gateway’s default username is “cusadmin”. This default username is the same for all the Gateways of Comcast. The Wireless Gateway default password is either “CantTouchThis” or “highspeed”.
- After entering the required login credentials, you have to click the “LOGIN” button. This will complete the Comcast Business login and you will be able to access the Admin tool.
Now, you will be able to make changes in the network settings that you want in the Admin tool of the Gateway.
Changing the default Network Key by doing Comcast Business login
After you have logged in to the Comcast Business, you can now access the Admin tool and change the Network key. You can follow the instructions given below to change the password:-
- You have to select the option of “Change Password” on the access page. This option will be located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, you have to type “highspeed” in the space given for entering the password. You can also enter “CantTouchThis”. These are the default passwords.
- Then, in the next space, you have to enter the new password that you want to set. This will help you to keep your private network safe. You have to make sure that your password is at least 8 characters long and contains numbers or letters. However, you can also make your password by combining both letters and numbers.
- After that, in the next space, you have to re-enter the new password. Then, click “Save”. This will save the new Network key successfully.
The next time when you perform a Comcast Business login, you can use this password.
Reset the router
You have to reset the router if you have forgotten your Wireless Gateway password. However, you also can reset the router if you are encountering a bad or slow network. You can follow the steps below to successfully reset your router:-
- You have to locate the reset button of your router. This can be found at the router’s back panel. You will be able to identify it easily, as it has a different color.
- Now, you have to take a pointed object like a pin. After that, you have to hold it down until the lights in the modem turn off. After that, you have to release the button.
- Then your router will switch on automatically. The reinitializing process will take some time.
Now, using your default username and password, you will be able to 10.1.10.1 login to your router. Then, you can follow the above method to change your default login credentials.
I hope that the above procedures helped you in understanding the steps to 10.1.10.1 login to Comcast Business and also change your password to improve security.