When the installation process of Windows 10 comes nearly to its end, you will be prompted by the Windows setup to make a user account. Even though this user account is given the status of an Administrator, another elevated or super Administrator account is created by Windows 10. This account remains hidden. It is because of security purposes to enable administrator account windows 10.
The Windows 10 Administrator account which is built-in is used mainly for troubleshooting problems of Windows. This is unlike the account of standard Administrator. The built-in Administrator helps in running all the tools and programs with admin rights. Due to this, whenever you will try to run a program as administrator, no UAC box will appear. This also ensures no restriction on all the running apps. For these features, it can be useful to make it enabled.
Procedures to Enable Admin Account Windows 10
Before you enable the Windows 10 administrator account, you must know the way to use it. If not, then it may be harmful to your computer. When you will enable the account, it is recommended to give a password to the account immediately. You can successfully achieve the process of “enable administrator account Windows 10” in three different ways. So let us see them one by one.
First Method to Enable Windows 10 Administrator Account
- First of all, you have to bring up the elevated Command Prompt, this is the Command Prompt having the rights of the admin. For opening the windows 10 administrator, you have to press the keys of Shift, Ctrl, and Enter simultaneously. After that, when the UAC prompt will appear, you just have to press the button of ‘Yes’.
You can also write CMD in the search bar of the Start menu. In the search options, you have to select the entry of Command Prompt. Then, you have to right-click on Command Prompt and select the option of Run as administrator. Then, the UAC box will appear and in that box, you have to click on Yes. This will bring up the elevated Command Prompt.
- Within the elevated Command Prompt, you have to write the following command and then hit Enter.
Net user administrator /active: yes
- After that, close the Command Prompt and your process is complete.
Now you can access the newly enabled built-in Windows, 10 administrators, by clicking on your account picture. You will also be able to see this Administrator on the Windows 10 login screen. So, this ends the first method for “how to log in as administrator windows 10?”
- First of all, login as administrator in windows 10, you have to press the R and Windows keys simultaneously to bring out the Run command box.
- Now, in the command box of Run, you have to write “lusrmgr.msc”. After that, you have to hit Enter. Then the window of Local Users and Groups will open.
- Next, on the left pane of the window, you will see the folder of “Users”. You have to click on it and you will be able to see the different account names within it.
- After that, you have to locate the entry of ‘Administrator’ and double-click on it. This will make the Administrator properties visible to you.
- Then, under the tab of “General”, you have to uncheck the option of “Account is disabled”. After that, confirm your change by pressing the button of “Apply”. This will make the Windows 10 administrator account to be enabled.
Now, you can close the window of Local Users and Groups. The enabled Windows 10 administrator will be visible on the login page of the Windows. From here, you will be able to quickly sign in to any account.
This last method to enable Windows 10 administrator account will use the feature of Local Security Policy. However, this method may not work in every Windows 10 edition.
- You have to press the R and Windows Key simultaneously to open the Run command box. Another way of opening the Run command box is to write Run in the search box. After that, hit enter to open the command box of Run.
- Now, within the box of Run, you have to write “secpol.msc”. After that press the option of “OK”. Then the Local Security Policy will appear on the screen.
- After that, you have to click on “Local Policies” from the left pane of the window, and then select the “Security Settings” option.
- Now, locate the “Accounts: Administrator accounts status” on the right side of the window. After that, to open its properties, you have to double-click on the option.
- Next, within the tab of Local Security Settings in the Properties window, you have to click on “Enabled”. After that, click on “Apply” for enabling the Windows 10 administrator.
So, using any of the above you can do a Windows 10 login as administrator. You can try the methods one by one and check which one works for you.