Android file transfer is an application developed for Mac devices. This helps in transferring files between an Android and a Mac device. However, many users have reported that they are facing the problem of Android file transfer not working. This will not allow you to share any files between your Android and Mac devices, which can be of great inconvenience to the users. So, if you are one of these users, then do not worry. I will be discussing some of the easiest solutions to fix this problem.
Solutions for Android file transfer not working Mac
Transferring files can be very important. You may need to transfer an important document from your Mac to your Android device or vice versa. So, here are some of the effective solutions to fix this Android File Transfer problem.
Solution 1. Check the USB cable
When you are going to transfer files between your Android device and Mac, make sure that you have the original cable provided with the Android device. You can also use another cable that is compatible with the devices. A faulty cable will not allow you to connect the devices no matter the software you are using. So, after using a compatible cable, check if the Android file transfer not working Mac is fixed or not.
Solution 2. Enable file transfer on your Android phone
If you find that even after changing the cable you are unable to connect the devices, check the file transfer settings of your Android device. If this setting is disabled, then this is the reason for this problem to show up.
Connect your Mac and Android phone. After connecting, you will see a pop-up option on your Android device. Click on this option and select the option of “File Transfer”. This will enable the file transfer feature of your Android device. Now, try to share files and see if the Android file transfer not working Mac is resolved.
Solution 3. Update the OS of your Android device
This problem can also occur if the OS of your Android device is outdated. If you are not sure if your OS is up to date or not, you can check it in the Settings. Follow the steps given below to check and update your Android OS.
- Connect your Android device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open “Settings” by clicking on the gear icon.
- Here, click on the “About Phone” option.
- Within this option, click on the “Check for updates” option. If any updates are available it will be visible here.
- Then, click on the option of “Install” and your OS will be updated.
After this update, the Android file transfer not working Mac problem will most likely be solved. If you still face the problem, you can move to the next solution.
Solution 4. Reinstall the application of Android file transfer on Mac
You can also try reinstalling the application of Android file transfer. This has helped many users to solve their Android file transfer problem. Follow the steps below to complete the process successfully:-
- Close the File Transfer application and open the window of Activity Monitor. Set the filter type to “All Process”. Locate the option of “Android File Transfer” and click on it. After that, click on the button of “Quit Process”. This will help to terminate the process.
- Now, open the window for “Finder”. Here, you have to locate the icon of “Android File Transfer”. Then, drag it to the Trash. This will delete it completely from the Mac.
- However, there are still some leftover files of the application. You have to delete them as well. Go to the “Finder” option and then open the option of “GO”. Here, you have to select the “Library” option. Within this option, you have to locate the “Cache”, “Support”, and “Preferences”. Open each of them one by one and delete all the files present on them.
- Go to Trash and clean it. This will delete all the traces of Android File Transfer from your Mac.
After the uninstallation process is complete, visit the official website of Android File Transfer. Download the setup from there. After the download is complete, you have to double click on the file of “androidfiletransfer.dmg”. This will start the installation process. Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions. After the installation is complete, check if the Android file transfer not working Mac problem still persists.
Solution 5. Remove the Samsung Smart Switch or Kies from Mac
You have to remove the application of Samsung Smart Switch or Samsung Kies if you are using Samsung devices like Galaxy Note 5, Note8, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, or S9+. This is because the application of Smart Switch and Kies does not support Android file transfer. This can be installed on your smartphone or your Mac.
Follow these steps to uninstall the Kies and Smart Switch from your Mac:-
- Open the Finder option and click on the option of “Applications”.
- Here, locate the folder of “Smart Switch”.
- Open this folder and you will be able to see an option of “Uninstall.app”. Double-click on it and on the new window you have to click on “Yes” for confirming your decision to uninstall.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your username and password. This is because some of the drivers will be uninstalled and it requires your permission. Then, press the button of “OK”.
- After that, a new window will appear which will notify you that the process is complete. Press the button of “Complete”.
- However, the folder of Smart Switch will not be removed from your computer. You have to manually move it to the Trash. Then clean the trash to remove it permanently from your computer.
After this, try to use the Android file transfer to see if the Android file transfer not working Mac problem is fixed or not.
Solution 6. Activating the USB debugging
USB debugging is very important for transferring data between your Mac and Android device. If this is not enabled, your Mac will not be able to detect your Android smartphone. To activate USB debugging, you can follow the steps given below:-
- Click on the gear icon on your Android device to open the Settings menu. Here, locate the option of “About Phone” and open it. Scroll down the list and find the option of “Build Number”. Click here for about 7 times. This will enable you to open the “Developer Options”.
- Enter the “Developer Option” and then check the box beside “USB Debugging”. This will allow your Android device to get detected by your Mac. After this, you will no more face the problem of Android file transfer not working Mac.
I hope that you have understood the process of solving this Android File Transfer problem. These solutions are very effective and easy to follow. So, use these solutions and fix this problem at the earliest.