As you are aware of the fact that Garmin Express is an application specially designed for managing the Garmin devices. However, the application is installed on your Windows or Mac and then used from there. Garmin Express is used for Garmin device application updates such as software updates, map updates. Also, this device is being used to sync the fitness details with Garmin Connect, device registration and many more. Besides, you can download various product-related applications.
Many users reported about this Garmin Express not working issue and tried to fix it. So, if you are here with the same problem, then you are in the right place. As we are going to discuss this issue and troubleshooting processes related to it. However, there are many troubleshooting processes all over the internet to help, though not all work. Check out the troubleshooting processes below in order to fix the issue successfully.
Tried and Tested Troubleshooting Solutions for Garmin Express Not Working Issue:
Here are some of the troubleshooting methods that you can apply in your Garmin device to fix the issue. You need to check the solutions and check which one works fine. Let’s start without wasting any more time.
Solution 1: Keep the Garmin Express Up to Date
You have to keep an eye on the software updates as this is the basic troubleshooting method to carry out. Garmin Express application takes a lot of software updates as there can be bugs and errors that are causing this issue. So you can try this basic troubleshooting process to fix the issue.
You have to make sure that the Garmin Express application is updated to maintain a smooth running and avail of a great experience. Besides, also keep in mind that the Garmin Map Updates is equally important for further fixation of the problem.
Although, if this does not solve the problem, then you can hit the next solution to solve the issue.
Solution 2: Follow the Prerequisites of the Garmin Express
You need to remember that your system should have the minimum requirements to run the Garmin Express. If Garmin Express does not meet the minimum requirements, then this issue might arise. Garmin provides a set of prerequisites for both Windows as well as Mac. Here are the steps.
Minimum Requirement for the Windows
- Windows 7 or above that
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 should be there in the system.
- 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution to be followed.
- Any workable USB port in the system
- 1 GB RAM is needed.
- High-speed Internet is a must.
- At least 20 GB free disk space in your system.
Minimum Requirement for the Mac
- OS X 10.10 or above that.
- 1440 x 900 should be the minimum display resolution.
- Any workable USB port in the Mac
- 1 GB RAM is required.
- High-speed Internet is required.
- Up to 20 GB free disk space in the Mac.
Solution 3: Check the Internet Speed
As mentioned above, you need to have a very high-speed internet to run the Garmin Express. Also, you need to have a lag-free internet connection. High-speed internet will make sure that you can run the Garmin Express flawlessly. However, to ensure that you can use various tools or applications to check the speed and the connectivity of the internet. Although, if you are facing a slow internet issue, then you can get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
After the slow and poor internet connectivity is solved, you can check if the problem still exists or not. However, if this does not solve the issue, then you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Check the Security Software
In many cases, the users have reported that the problem arises due to some security application that is blocking the Garmin Express to run. Besides, Garmin Express is also blocked by the firewall as well. The security and firewall in the system sometimes block the Garmin Express.
So, you have to check if there is any similar cause that is initiating the issue. After checking if you find the Garmin Express is being blocked, then you can follow the steps below to unblock the application.
- On the desktop, you have to right-click on Garmin Express.
- Then, from the displayed menu, click on the “Properties” option.
- Now, you have to click on the”‘Unblock” button.
- Lastly, to save the settings, you have to click on OK and then on Apply Changes.
Solution 5: Deactivate .NET 4.6 Windows Component
Another problem that is faced by many users is that the Garmin Express has stopped working. And this can be due to incompatible .Net framework in your Windows. However, you can go through the following steps to fix it.
To run the Garmin Express in your system, it requires a .NET framework. However, you need to have the proper framework to run it. If you get the message Garmin Express is not working or if the Garmin Express is displaying an error message “Unexpected error”, then the best solution is to get the specified .NET version to run it.
In that case, you have to delete the other .NET framework and keep only one version. After that, restart the system.
Solution 6: Remove Corrupted Garmin Express File from the System
Many users have reported the fact that at times the Garmin Express gets corrupted. This is when you have to delete the corrupted file from the system. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Start Menu.
- And then, in the search field, type the %localappdata%.
- Once the file opens, navigate the Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid folder and then right-click on it.
- Simply delete this folder and click on Yes by confirming it.
Lastly, launch the Garmin Express and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 7: Update the Windows you are Using
Sometimes, the issue occurs due to an obsolete version of Windows in your system. Therefore, you need to update Windows 10 by simply following the steps given below.
- Open the Control Panel from the Settings.
- Now, hit the “Update Windows” options.
- Then you will be notified by a pop-up notification about the latest update.
- You have to click on the “Update” and Windows will start downloading the updates.
Once the update is completed, the Windows will ask to restart it. Restart your system and relaunch the Garmin Express.
What to do if Garmin Express is Not Working After the Update?
Many users report this issue when they updated the Garmin Express. After the update process gets completed, the users get an error message that their Garmin Express is not working. However, to fix the issue, you can check out the instructions cited below.
- Press and hold Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box. Once the dialog box opens, type “services.msc” and then hit Enter.
- When the service window opens, navigate to the Garmin Core Update.
- Right-click on it and click on the Properties. There you have to click on the “Logon” tab.
- After that, in the same windows, you have to click on the “This Account” button.
- You now have to type “Network Service” in the accounting field followed by deleting all the passwords that were saved.
- Then there will be three prompts. Now, you have to click “OK”, followed by “Apply”.
- Again, you have to right-click on the “Garmin Core Update service” and then click on the “Stop” from the sub-menu.
- Lastly, you have to repeat the same process. However, this time you have to click on the “Start” button.
Launch the Garmin Express and check if the issue is solved or not.
That is all with the solutions to fix the Garmin Express not working issue. Check which options work fine for you. However, you can disable the firewall as sometimes the problem arises due to the firewall blocking the process to run.