Kindle Fire is one of the best e-book readers available in the market. Introduced by Amazon, connecting Kindle Fire to your computer can allow you to transfer files such as music, e-books, photos, and videos. However, at times, when you try to connect it to Windows 10 you may find that the Kindle Fire not showing up on PC. Even after trying different methods when you try to connect the Kindle fire to the computer it shows “Kindle Fire is not recognized by Window 10”
Are you a victim of a similar issue? Then without wasting any more time jump to the solutions, you can follow to solve the Kindle not showing up on PC issue.
10 Methods to Solve the Kindle Fire not Showing up on PC
Here we have provided some of the best and tried and tested solutions that you can implement to solve the Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows 10. Follow the instructions till the end and see which of the fixes work for you.
Solution 1: Reconnect the Kindle Fire
One of the best ways of troubleshooting is to reconnect it to the PC and check if it is recognized or not.
- Disconnect the Kindle Fire and then plug it into another USB port of the Computer.
- Alternatively, you can restart the Kindle Fire and try the above process.
- After that, if the issue is still bothering you, then you can charge the Kindle device for more than 40 minutes. Repeat the procedure of reconnecting the Kindle device.
- Lastly, you check it by connecting it to another PC.
Solution 2: Perform a Hard Reset of Kindle Fire
Many users have reported that this process has solved their issue. So you too can try out Hard Reset for your device.
- Firstly, you have to plug the Kindle Device to the PC.
- Now press and hold the power key of the device for at least 40 seconds.
- Release when the Kindle Fire restarts.
This process will ensure a Hard Reset of the device. Now connect the device to the PC and check if the Windows is showing “Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows 10” or not.
Solution 3: Try to Connect Kindle Fire to the Computer as Camera
According to experts, this process has helped a lot of users to solve the issue of Kindle not showing up on PC.
- First, connect the Kindle device to your computer.
- Now when the drop-down menu appears, open the device by selecting the option “Device as a Camera”.
- Similarly, open the Settings menu of the Kindle device. Now tap on the “Storage on your device” option.
Solution 4: Install Kindle Fire Device as an MTP Device
You may not be aware of this but your PC might not have the “Connecting on today Fire Driver” for Windows 10. At times, the absence of this driver may cause problems. So check the below to install the Kindle Fire drivers Windows 10.
- Press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box. Now in the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager. Alternatively, you can open the Start menu or the Settings menu and then search for Device Manager there.
- Now, open the option “Portable devices” and then right-click on the “Kindle Fire” or the ”MTP device” option.
- Thereafter, select the “Update Driver software” option.
- Now on the next window, select the option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- After that, click on the “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” option.
- Just enable the “Show compatible hardware”, followed by clicking on “MTP USB Device”.
- Lastly, click on the Next button to continue, and click the Yes button on the warning box.
Solution 5: Disable the USB Selective Suspend
According to experts, disabling the USB Selective Suspend option has solved the Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows 10 issue for many. This method allows the hub driver of the system to suspend a single USB port. Also, it does not affect the other ports of the Hub.
- From the Start Menu, open the Control Panel.
- Now click on the Hardware and Sound option.
- Thereafter select “Power Options”, thereby select the “Change Plan Settings” in the next window.
- Next, click on “Change advanced power settings”. From there go to the USB Settings>USB selective Suspend settings. Then simply Disable it.
- Now to save the modification, click on Apply and Ok.
This method can be implemented if you see Kindle charging but not recognized.
Additional Methods You can try to fix the Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows 10 Issue
1. Check the USB Cable
Sometimes the issue is triggered due to a faulty USB cable. So if you see if none of the above processes work then you can simply change the USB cable with another one and plug the Kindle device into the system. Now if you see the Kindle Fire device is recognized by Windows 10, then it can be concluded that the USB cable was faulty.
2. Check the PIN Authentication
To ensure that the Kindle device keeps all your ebooks and files safe, it has a PIN authentication. Sometimes this PIN authentication does not allow the device to get recognized by a Windows 10 system. So, make sure before connecting that you have turned off the PIN authentication of the Kindle Fire device.
3. Disable the Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
Another feature is the Android Debug Bridge (ADB ). This sometimes causes the Kindle not showing up on PC issue. So, to fix it, go to the Settings menu of the Kindle Fire and then click on the Devices option. From there turn off the ADB of the Kindle Device.
4. Update to the Latest Driver of the Kindle Device
At times, the issue can be due to some bugs or errors in the Device Driver. If the device driver is outdated then you might be a victim of the Kindle Fire not showing up on PC. So go to the Settings menu of the Kindle device and then click on the About option. Now check for any driver update and thereby update it to the latest version.
5. Use the USB Hub to connect to the PC
You can also try connecting the Kindle Fire Device using a USB Hub. USB Hub can be a better option to make sure that the Kindle is connected to your computer.
Hopefully, using the above solutions you have solved the “Kindle Fire is not recognized by Windows 10” issue. Ensure you have a well-working USB port on the computer.