If you are a gamer, then you will obviously know about Logitech. This is the brand that has been providing some of the best gaming devices for your PC as well as Gaming Consoles for a long time. Among which Logitech G930 is one of the well-known wireless headsets.
However, there are several circumstances when your Logitech G930 wireless headset may start to disconnect continuously. Or it keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting with the system, even though the latest version of Logitech G930 wireless headset driver is installed in the system. So if you are a victim of the issue Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting, then check out the information below.
Logitech G930 Cutting Out: Overview
You might not be familiar with the Logitech G930 cutting out issue, but you are not the only one who is having such a problem. There can be many reasons behind the Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. The following are some of the situations in which this issue occurs.
- You have bought the G930 headset and connect the USB dongle in the system and start to enjoy it. But it gets disconnected. After a few seconds, there is a beep in the USB dongle and the Headset again starts to play the audio.
- Sometimes even after installing the latest driver of it, the Logitech G930 keeps turning off, thereby disconnecting from the system and never connecting again.
- Many users also reported that G930 keeps disconnecting when a new update of the system is installed in the system, as it removes or replaces some files of the driver.
Possible causes for the ‘Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting’ issue:
There are several causes that can trigger the Logitech G930 cutting out issue in a Windows system. Some of the common reasons are mentioned here.
- Sometimes the wireless interference of your system causes the issue. Such as Wi-Fi devices or Bluetooth can cause the issue. When the PC is connected with a large number of wireless devices, it can then interrupt the connectivity of the Logitech G930.
- According to many users, the USB is unable to provide enough power or connection to the Bluetooth receiver, thus resulting in the disconnection.
- The issue can also occur when there is an issue with the Logitech G930 Driver.
Solutions to Fix Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting
Undoubtedly this is one of the most annoying problem that you can face. Basically this issue will prevent you from having a great gaming experience. So probably you would be looking for solutions. Let us not waste any more time and move to the solutions you can implement to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Plugging the Logitech G930 to another USB 2.0 Port
Before you try out any other solution, the first method you can implement is changing the USB 2.0 port. Basically, this is a test. Firstly connect the Logitech USB dongle to a USB port. If it keeps on disconnecting, then switch to another USB port on the computer. If in the previous case it was connected to a USB 3.0 try a USB 2.0 on the computer. Also, you can try connecting the USB hub to the system.
Make sure that the Headset is fully charged and is powered On properly. Check the LED lights on the Headsets to ensure the Headset is working properly.
Solution 2: Move to the Previous Version of the Logitech G930 Driver
Many users have also reported that updating the driver has caused the issue. So if you have updated the Logitech G930 Driver, then that too might cause the issue. Not to worry, as you can roll back to the previous version of the driver in order to solve the Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting issue.
- Press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box. Now in the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- However, there are alternate ways to get into the Device Manager. Such as you can go to the Settings menu from the Start Menu and search for the Device Manager.
- Once in the Device Manager, you have to expand the “Audio Inputs and Outputs” section, now locate the “Logitech G930” option.
- Once you have found the Logitech G930, right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- Lastly, from the Properties tab, go to the Driver menu. There you will find the option “Roll Back Driver” click on it.
After that, Windows will roll back to the previous version of the driver. Now, if this process doesn’t work, then you can download an older version of the driver and install it in the system. For that, go to the Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs > Logitech 930, right-click on it and choose the Update drivers > select “Browse my computer for driver software” > from the downloaded folder select the driver and click to continue. Once the installation process is complete you have to reboot the computer.
Solution 3: Make Modification in the USB root HUB Power Management
When you notice the Logitech G930 cutting out issue, you can try to reset the USB root HUB and USB HUB Power Management. According to experts, this process has solved the issue for many.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R key. Now in the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter button to open the Device Manager.
- Alternate ways to get into the Device Manager is, you can go to the Settings menu from the Start Menu and search for the Device Manager.
- Now you have to expand the section “Universal Serial Bus Controller”, then select the USB Root Hub option.
- From there go to the Properties menu, then click on Power Management.
- Thereafter, you have to unmark the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Now, mark the “Power safe for the entire USB root Hub option” and the “Generic USB Hub” option.
Solution 4: Disable USB Selective Suspend Setting
Sometimes the USB Selective Suspend power setting is the one that is triggering the Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting issue.
- Open the Settings menu from the Start menu.
- Now open the System option.
- Then click on the Power & Sleep menu.
- You now have to go into the Additional Power Settings option, under the Related Settings option.
- Navigate to Change Plan Settings, beside the Balanced option in the Power plan menu.
- Now, click on Change Advanced Power Settings in the Change Settings for the Plan menu.
- Then go to the USB Settings, and from there go to the USB selective Suspend settings. Then simply disable it.
- Now to save the modification, click on Apply and Ok.
Solution 5: Make Modification in the Interval Time
If you are noticing that the Logitech G930 keeps turning off or disconnecting every other 15 minutes to save power, all you have to do is to tweak some changes in the core folder.
- At first exit the Logitech application by going in the taskbar. Right-click on the Logitech icon and then click on the Exit option.
- Now, open the C: drive from the Windows Explorer. Then, follow the path Programs > Logitech Gaming Software > Resources > G930> Manifest. Open the Manifest folder.
- There you will see a file named Device_manifest.xml, right-click and select Open with Notepad.
- Now locate “Battery turnOffInterval=”900”. Simply change the value “900” to “0”.
These are the best solutions that can be implemented for fixing the Logitech G930 Cutting out and keeps disconnecting, reconnecting issue. You can check which one solves the problem.