Malwarebytes is a very popular antivirus software which was first introduced in the January month of the year 2006. This is a free tool, but you can upgrade it to the premium version to use its advanced features. It has a whole suite of antivirus software but it is well-known for its effective malware scanner.
However, many users have reported that they are facing the problem of Malwarebytes Web Protection keeps turning off. Without the Web Protection on, the users will be vulnerable to online threats.
If you are one of the users facing this error, you don’t have to worry. Here are the solutions that you can implement to solve this error seamlessly.
Exceptional Solutions to Get Rid of the Malwarebytes Web Protection Off:
Here are the most effective methods that you can apply for solving this problem of Malwarebytes Web Protection keeps turning off:-
Solution 1: Reinstallation of the Malwarebytes
The most effective solution for this problem is to reinstall the Malwarebytes. Many users have effectively solved this Web Protection keeps turning off the problem by using this method. If you have bought the software offline, you need to keep the Activation key and ID ready.
You can also check in to the page from which you have downloaded the software for the key and the ID. However, there is another way of finding it out.
- Open the Start Menu and in the search bar, you have to type “Regedit”. You can also open the Run dialog box by pressing the R and the Windows key simultaneously. In the Run box, you can write “Regedit” and hit Enter.
- For finding the key and the ID in the Windows x86 32-Bit system, you have to go to the folder of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. Then go to the “Software” folder. After that, open the “Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” folder.
However, if you are using the Windows x64 64-Bit system, then you have to open the folder of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. After that, open the “Software” folder. Then, unlock the “Wow6432Node” folder and then the “Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” folder.
After copying down the key and ID of Malwarebyte, you can now move on to the process of removing it from your computer. If you want to use your Malware Premium version afterward, then follow the steps stated here carefully.
- First, you have to open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software. After that, go to the “My Account” option and select the “Deactivate” option. Then, open the “Settings” option and then select the “Advanced Settings” option. Within this option, you have to locate the “Enable self-protection module” and uncheck it.
- Now, you have to close the software and visit the official website of Malwarebyte. From there, download the “mbam-clean.exe” tool. Next, you have to close all the programs that are running and temporarily disable the antivirus.
- After that, open the “mbam-clean.exe” tool and follow the instructions that are showing on the screen. Then, reboot your system.
- Next, visit the official website of Malwarebytes and download the MBAM latest version. You will be able to install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, you have to locate the “Trial” option and uncheck it. When the program will launch, you have to click on the “Activation” button.
- After that, copy your ID and Key and paste it in the dialog box. This will help you to activate the license automatically.
Now, check if the problem of Malwarebytes Web Protection keeps turning off is solved or not. You can try the next solution if the problem still persists.
Solution 2: Re-run the Malwarebytes Program
This process will take a few minutes to complete. However, not many users get benefitted with this solution, but it is worth a try.
- Go to the Malwarebytes icon and right-click on it. From the menu, you have to click on the “Quit Malwarebytes” option.
- After that, launch “Malwarebytes” again.
Check if the “Malwarebytes Web Protection off” problem is resolved or not. You can try out the next solution if you are still facing the problem.
Solution 3: Update the Latest Version of the Malwarebytes
Some versions of Malwarebytes have faced this problem. However, the developers were very quick in releasing the updates for these versions to resolve the problems for users. Many users have solved this problem by updating Malwarebytes.
Follow the given steps to update Malwarebytes to a new version:-
- When an update is available for Malwarebytes, it will be displayed on the Windows by default through a pop-up message. If you see this message, then you have to click on the “Download and Install” button. However, if you have not received this message, then you can go to the next step.
- If you have not received the message for the update, then you have to manually search for the updates.
- Double-click on the Malwarebytes icon on the desktop and launch it.
- Click on the “Settings” option from the left pane of the window. Then go to the “Application” tab and select the “Install Application Updates” option.
- After this, you will be either be able to see the message of “No Updates Available”, or, the message of “Progress: Updates successfully downloaded”. Then, to install the updates, you have to click on the “OK” option and then on “Yes”.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to successfully install the updates.
After the updating process is complete, see if the Malwarebytes Web Protection keeps turning off the problem is solved or not. If the problem is not resolved, you can try out the next solution.
Solution 4: Uninstall the MBAM Web Protection Driver
Another method of solving this problem is by uninstalling the MBAM Web Protection driver from your computer. Follow the given steps to complete the process effectively:-
- Go to the Malwarebyte icon and right-click on it. From the pop-up menu, you have to select the “Quit Malwarebytes” option.
- Then, open the Start menu and in the search bar, you have to type “Command Prompt”. From the search result, select the Command Prompt option and right-click on it. Then, select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, you have to type the given command and hit the Enter button.
sc delete mbamwebprotection
- Next, you have to restart your computer. When your system will turn back on, you have to launch Malwarebytes.
- Go to the “Settings” and then go to the “Protection” tab. Locate the option of “Real-Time Protection” and further locate the “Web Protection” option.
- Then, turn the slider On from Off.
Check if the “Malwarebytes Web Protection off” problem has been resolved or not. You can move to the next solution if the problem is still there.
Solution 5: Reset the MBAM Service
The frequent turning off of Web Protection of Malwarebytes can be due to the corrupted file of “MBAMService.exe file”. This can be identified with symptoms like increased CPU and RAM usage. However, the problem can be solved by resetting this service.
Follow the given steps to successfully carry out the resetting process:-
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Esc, Shift, and Ctrl simultaneously.
- Go to the “Processes” tab and then locate the entry of “MBAMService.exe”. You may find multiple entries by the same name. In that case, click on the “End Task” option after you have right-clicked on all of them.
- Then you will see a warning message. Don’t worry about it, all you have to do is to click on the Yes option.
- Then, you have to select the “File” option and then select the “Run new task” option. In the “Create New Task” window, you have to write “MBAMServices.exe”, and then press the “OK” button.
After the process is complete, you have to restart the computer. When the system will turn back on, you have to check if the “Malwarebytes Web Protection keeps turning off” error is fixed or not.
It is very important to keep your computer safe from online threats. All the above-discussed methods are easy to implement and very effective. Hopefully, you will be able to fix your Web Protection turning off the problem by using these abovestated solutions. Start following the solutions one by one and if the previous one did not fix your problem, then move to the next.