When a person is trying to open a launcher for a Blizzard game, “Waiting on another installation or update” error occurs. These Blizard games usually run with the help of the desktop app called Battle.net. When this message appears, it indicates that some other updates or installs are being carried out. However, within the client, the user is unable to see any such things.
This error battle.net waiting on another installation or update occurs mainly for the Blizzard game publishers. However, if you are among the ones who are facing this problem, then you don’t have to worry. There are many simple ways of solving this problem.
Methods to Solve the Blizzard Waiting on Another Installation or Update Problem:
Here are some effective solutions that will help you to get rid of the “waiting on another installation or update” error.
Method 1: Stop Some Specific Process
If you are facing this problem for a long period of time, then maybe it is due to the client’s Update Agent of Battle.net. This Update Agent searches for the update itself. When they find any update, they install it automatically.
However, if this process gets problematic, then the battle.net waiting on another installation or update issue can occur because of it. So, at such a critical moment, it is better to stop the process. Follow the given steps for stopping this process:
- First of all, you have to open the “Task Manager” by pressing the “Shift + Ctrl + Esc” button simultaneously. You can even go to the Start Menu and search for the “Task Manager”.
- Now, within the Task Manager, you have to select the “More details” option. This option will help you to expand the Task Manager. After that, you have to find the process of “Battle.net Update Agent”. After selecting it, you have to click on the “End task” button.
- Then, you will be asked to confirm your decision to disable the process. It will warn you that disabling the process will kill many other processes. You don’t have to worry about it and confirm your decision.
- After the process is disabled, you have to make the Battle.net desktop client reopen. Now, see if the problem of “Blizzard waiting on another installation or update” has been solved or not.
If you are still seeing this message, then you can move to the next solution.
Method 2: Boot up your Computer
Another way of solving this problem is by booting your computer into a selective startup. This process will help the computer to shut off some of the problematic programs and background applications.
The problem of battle.net waiting on another installation or update might be occurring because these programs were hindering the proper update by the Battle.net. Hence, with a selective startup, the problem will most likely to get solved.
- First of all, you have to press the “R + Windows” key simultaneously. This will help you to open the Run dialog box. After that, within the dialog box, you have to type ‘msconfig’. Then, you have to press OK to open the “System Configuration” window.
- Now, within the window, you have to go to the “Boot” tab. There you have to locate the ‘Safe Boot’ option and uncheck it.
- After that, you have to select the ‘General’ tab. Here, you have to select the ‘Selective startup’ option. Then, you have to uncheck the ‘Load startup’ box.
- Now, you have to reboot your computer. It will help you to boot your computer into this startup. After that, you can try to open the Battle.net. Now, the update will take place normally and you will be able to play any game you want.
The error can be most likely solved by this process. However, if it still exists, you can move on to the next solution.
Method 3: Pause the Update of the Battle.net
Pausing the updates can sometimes work and solve this “waiting on another installation or update” error. If you have some updates waiting for the games, you can pause them. For this, you have to enter ‘Battle.net’. After that, you can right-click on the icon located in the tray and select the option of ‘Pause all updates’. After this, try to play the game in which you were having trouble.
Method 4: Reinstallation of the Battle.net Launcher
According to an official statement from Blizzard, they have reported that the launcher is facing some bugs problem. They recommended the users to reinstall it in order to perform the updates manually. You can complete this procedure by following the given steps:-
- In the beginning, make sure that you have access to an Administrator’s account. This is because of the fact that only an Administrator account can uninstall programs. After that, you will be able to uninstall the launcher. Then reinstall it.
- After that, you have to open the Control Panel. You can open it by searching in the Start Menu. If you are using Windows 10, you can click on the gear icon of the Setting app.
- Then, within the Control Panel, you have to click on ‘View as Category’. After that, you have to click on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- However, if you are completing this process through the ‘Settings’ option, you have to select the ‘App’ option. This will show you the list of all the programs installed on your computer.
- Now, you have to find the entry of ‘Battle.net’. After finding it, you have to select it and press the ‘Uninstall’ button. Then, if any dialog box appears for confirming your decision, you have to press OK. After that, you have to follow all the instructions on the screen for successfully uninstalling the program. Then, select the reboot option for your computer.
Lastly, you have to download the launcher from the official site of Blizzard.net. Then, by following all the instructions, install it back.
The “battle.net waiting on another installation or update” error will be solved once this process is completed.
Hope that you are able to solve this “waiting on another installation or update” error with the help of the above-discussed solutions. These are the simplest solutions and you can apply them without any technical hassle. You can try the methods one by one and check out which works in your case.