Many of the Windows 10 users are facing the “your windows license will expire soon” error message lately. Windows 10 is a free update for anyone who has a Windows 8 system. However, even then, this error message is showing up. Apart from this, the system reboots automatically after every two hours. The activation, as suggested, is not needed as the product key of Windows 8 should work while you upgrade your system to Windows 10. If you are facing this problem then do not worry. Here, I will be discussing the solutions to this problem. However, if you are using a temporary version of Windows 10, you will not be able to fix this problem until you get the official version of Windows 10.
Solutions for the “your Windows will expire soon” error message
So, let us see the different methods by which you can solve this Windows 10 license problem:-
Using Manual Reactivation
- First, you have to open the Command Prompt as admin. Go to the Start Menu and locate “Command Prompt”. Then right-click on it and select the option of “Run as Administrator”.
- After that, write “slmgr -rearm” in the Command Prompt and press Enter. Then, a message will show up on the screen telling that the process was successful. You have to press the option of “OK” on this message. Now, restart your computer.
- When the computer boots up, you have to go to “Settings” and then to the “Activation” window. Now, select the option of “Change product key”.
- Then, activate your Windows by typing your unique licensed product key. After this, the problem of “your windows will expire soon” error message will be fixed.
Using the Windows License Management Service
- Open the Start Menu and type “service.msc” in the search box.
- When the Services window opens, you have to “Stop” or “Disable” two of the services. One is the “Windows Update” and the other is “Windows License Management Service”.
- For that, search for “Windows License Management Service” in the Services window.
- After that, to stop this service, you have to double click on this option. On the new window that opens, you have to set the “Startup type” to “Disabled”. Then, press the button of “OK” and after that “Apply”, both of which are located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, locate and double-click on “Windows Update”. On the new window that opens, you have to set the “Startup type” to “Disabled”. After that, press the button of “OK” and then “Apply” to stop the service of “Windows Update”.
- Lastly, reboot your computer.
When the computer will turn on, check if the “your windows license will expire soon but Windows is activated” error message is still showing or not.
Using the Microsoft Activation Troubleshooter
This solution is for the users who are using the Windows 10 version 1607 or later. Using the Microsoft Activation Troubleshooter is very easy. All you have to do is run it and all the problems will be automatically fixed.
- Open the “Settings” option and go to the option of “Update and Security”. Then, select the option of “Activation”.
- In this “Activation” window, you will see a list of all the errors that can affect your activation process.
- Now, select the option of “Troubleshoot”. This will open the “Activation troubleshooter”.
- After this, all the problems will be detected by the troubleshooter and it will fix all the problems automatically.
- When the process of fixing the problems is complete, you can close the window of the troubleshooter.
Use the Command Prompt to find the Product Key
- Open the Start Menu and right-click on Command Prompt. Then select the option of “Run as Administrator”.
- Then, you have to run this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- After running this command, the product key of your OS will show up on the screen. Save it to use it afterward.
- Open the option of “Settings”. Then, open the section of “Update and Security”.
- Now, press the option of “Activation” located on the left of the screen. Next, you have to select the option of “Change product key”.
- Lastly, in the space for the product key, enter the one you have saved earlier. Then, press the button of “Next”.
After this process is complete, the problem of the error message of “your Windows license will expire soon” pop up will most likely be solved.
Using the Task Manager
- Press the button of Del + Alt + Ctrl to open the “Task Manager”.
- Then, go to the tab of “Processes”. Here, you have to find the option of “Windows Explorer”. Right-click on the option and select the option of “End Task”.
- After that, you have to select “File” and then click on the option of “Run new task”.
- Now, write “explorer.exe” to create a new task and press “Enter”.
- Next, you have to press the X and the Windows key. Now, select the option of “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- In the window of the command prompt, you have to write “slmgr -rearm” and then press “Enter”. Then reboot your PC.
The error message should disappear on the next start up.
Change your Group Policy Settings
- Press the R and the Windows button at the same time to open the dialog box of Run. Now, type “gpedit.msc” within the Run box and press “Enter”. The window of the “Local Group Policy Editor will open up.
- After that, select the option of “Computer Configuration”, and then go to “Administrative Templates”. Then, you have to select the option of “Windows Components” and then go to the option of “Windows Update”.
- Now, on the right pane of the screen, you have to select the “No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations” options and double-click on it.
- After that, press the button of “Enabled” and press “Apply” and “OK”. This will save the changes made by you on the system.
When this procedure is completed, the “your windows will expire soon” problem will get solved.
If you follow the above methods closely, I am sure that you will be able to solve your Windows license expiring problem. All of these are very easy and effective methods.