Are you done with yelling at your Siri or the Google Assistant to navigate you different unknown destinations? Not to worry as Garmin has a solution for this. The Nuvi 1300 is something that you need to avail to stop yelling at your voice assistants.
Gramin is a brand that provides you with many smart devices to help you out. They have a bundle of products to choose from. However, the Nuvi 1300 is a GPS Navigator device that helps you find your position as well as provide the right direction to a specific location.
Garmin Nuvi 1300 is the successor of the other Garmin GPS navigator devices. As it is 25% thinner and has a widescreen for a better view. In addition to that, it also provides the walker capabilities of navigation enabled through an optimal map of City explorer.
However, sometimes the device might need an update that will allow more features to avail. Further, if you are here to know more about Garmin Nuvi 1300 update, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss the methods to update the device and also some of the features that you will be getting with this device.
Salient Features of the Garmin Nuvi 1300:
Before you start with the methods to update the Garmin Nuvi 1300, you need to check out the features of this device, which makes this device so popular among its users.
- Garmin Nuvi 1300 has a very easy and simple interface that comes with a lot of features.
- It has a 4.3-inch WQVGA touch widescreen display as well as it is ultra-slim.
- The graphics of the device are improved for a better view and every detail of the map.
- Garmin Nuvi 1300 comes pre-loaded with the city navigator of 48 cities.
- Besides, it includes millions of searchable or name points.
Very often, the users might think about why you need to update the device? Well for that, you can check out the following section.
Why do you need to Update the Garmin Nuvi 1300?
There are various reasons to update the Garmin Nuvi 1300. You can check the below section for knowing all the possible reasons:
- To guide you with every detail of any place, the map of the Nuvi 1300 should be updated. As every day these things keep on changing and it needs to be updated from time to time.
- The update maximizes the GPS memory of the Nuvi 1300. Garmin Nuvi 1300 comes with limited data storage and once you reach the limit, you can no longer save any more data. Therefore, the update maximizes the storage.
- Also, you can keep a backup of the older waypoints on the Garmin Nuvi 1300. Besides you can transfer them to your laptop or desktop using ExoertGPS.
Now, in order to avail of all such great features, you probably want to update the Garmin Nuvi 1300. This is also because nobody wants to miss such features.
Prominent Ways for Garmin Nuvi 1300 Update:
Let’s not waste any more time and jump to the prominent ways that you can use to update the device. Go through the following instructions and update the Garmin Nuvi 1300.
Connect the Device to a PC
The first and foremost thing before you begin is to connect the device to a laptop or a desktop that has access to the internet. Using a mini USB that is provided within the box of the device, you need to connect to the PC. Then you have to wait until the progress bar shows up.
However, if you have connected before, then the prompts will begin automatically. Perhaps, if this is the first time, then you have to manually sign in into the Garmin Account before you start with the process.
Install the Garmin Express
The second step is to install the Garmin Express in the PC if you have not installed it before. To install the file, you have to hit the official page of the Garmin and download the Garmin Express file. Once the file is downloaded, now you have to double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Garmin Express in the system. Also, you need to know that the Garmin Express works with all kinds of devices manufactured by Garmin. Although, if you have any issue with Garmin and if it is not working, then you can hit the Garmin Express Not Working: Fix.
Purchase or Access the Garmin Nuvi 1300 Updates
This is the main step when you have to install the important updates for the Garmin Nuvi 1300. Open the Garmin Express and also make sure that you have an internet connection.
- You have to click on the “Add Device.” Then you have to find your GPS device.
- After that, the app will search by itself for any update.
- Once the list of the update opens, you have to click on “Select All.” Then click on “Install the updates”.
- Once done, you can have access to all the free and paid apps. However, to access the paid ones, you have to buy them.
Disconnect the Garmin Nuvi 1300
Lastly, you have to safely disconnect the device. And for that, navigate to the right bottom corner of the desktop and then click on the USB icon. After that, when the display pops-up, right-click on the device and click on the Eject option. Congrats! you have successfully updated the Garmin Nuvi 1300.
That is all with the steps to update the Garmin Nuvi 1300 GPS device. Now you have to connect it with your vehicle and you are good to go. However, now you can travel to any place once you specify the destination.