Roku provides you the simplest way to stream your TV with a bundle of entertainment. Once your Roku device gets connected with the internet, you can access a lot of channels to watch from. Therefore, there are plenty of reasons for you to get the Roku IP address. So, if you are here to find the solutions to how to connect Roku to Wifi without remote, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we are going to discuss and give guidelines for setting up Roku Wifi without a remote.
How to Connect Roku to WiFi Without Remote?
You might have tried to configure the Roku without a remote but have failed. Therefore, you can go through the following guidelines and also choose from which one you want to go for. There are plenty of options to set up Roku without a remote.
Set Up Roku WiFi Without Remote: Using Mobile Hotspot
The easiest way for you to access the Roku is with your smartphone. So, you can connect Roku to WiFi using Mobile Hotspot. And in order to do so, just go through the following steps:
- At first, go to the Settings of your phone.
- Tap on the Mobile Hotspot option and followed by clicking on the Set Up Mobile Hotspot button.
- After that, when the warning of the Mobile Data appears, click on Ok
- Then you have to add the WiFi network. Further, you have to choose the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Once you have created it, now you have to save it. And finally, activate the Hotspot.
- Open your Google Play Store, if you are an Android user or open the iOS App Store if you are an iOS user. Then from there, download the Roku app on your device.
- Once the installation is done, open the app and then press the Remote icon in the app which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then just like the original hardware remote, your mobile will display a similar remote of the Roku.
- Now, you have to use the keys in the virtual remote layout which is displayed on your mobile and connect to the WiFi.
- Hit the Settings menu of the Roku and then find your wireless network.
- Once it finds your wireless network, you have to enter the password of the network to continue. Then your Roku device will be connected to the internet and you will be able to use it without a remote.
Set Up Roku Stick Without Remote: Connect it Through Wi-Fi
If you want to connect the Roku streaming stick to WiFi without a remote, then you can simply follow the guidelines below. However, you can also do this using a mobile hotspot.
Before you start with the steps, make sure that you two mobile phones in your hand and the Roku app is installed in both of the devices. Furthermore, check out the steps provided in the below section.
- Open the Settings of your phone and tap on the Mobile Hotspot option.
(However, these settings may vary based on what smartphone you are using)
- On the Mobile Data Usage Status option, click on Ok.
- Now, you have to enter the Security key and the SSID as well as other Wi-Fi network information which is saved in your Roku device and then Continue.
- Also, you have to make sure that you have saved the settings by clicking on Save. Then activate the Mobile Hotspot by pressing OK.
- Take the second phone and then connect it to the Mobile Hotspot.
- Followingly, open the Roku App on the second mobile. Then click on the Remote icon which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- And now you have to turn on the Roku device and click on the Network Settings window on it.
- You can opt to change the Network Settings for matching the new Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to.
- Lastly, you have to turn off the Mobile Hotspot on the phone. After that, choose to connect to the network used by the Roku.
That’s all with the instructions. However, these guidelines are helpful when Roku is not connected to Wifi and lost remote. You can go through the steps one by one and also make sure that you have a good internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you connect your Roku to a new WiFi?
To connect your Roku to new Wi-Fi, press the Home button of the Roku. Now, click on Settings and then you have to click on the Network which is on the Roku Screen menu. After that, click on the Wireless option of the menu and provide the Network username and password.
What to do to find Your Roku’s IP Address?
Open the Settings of your Roku device. Then go to the Wi-Fi. Now, you have to click on your Network Name and note down the number, which is next to the “IP address”. You should know that the fourth number will be your IP address. Thus, in order to check the IP address of the Roku device, go to the System and then click on the About option.