Roku is a well-known device for a Media Content Player that provides you the facility to stream various kinds of content that is available in your region. You can choose from a lot of variety of options for streaming channels.
However, a lot of users have a complaint about the Roku error code 009. This error is shown up on the screen suddenly and unexpectedly. And it is shown as “unable to connect to the internet” on your screen.
If you are facing the same error, then you are in the right place to fix Roku error code 009. Just go through the following instructions and guidelines to fix the error.
Reasons for Roku Error Code 009:
Error code 009 Roku shows that your Roku device is not connected to the router. However, it could not connect to the internet network because it might have failed or it was unable to recognize the network details. In accordance with that, you are getting this error code.
Some of the major problems due to which this error occurs are given below:
- DNS Cache corruption: The DNS cache configurations by the router to connect to the internet may have been corrupted. And thus, it can interrupt the connection process as some certain DNS servers are prohibited to connect.
- Internet Disconnection: Your internet connection might be facing disconnection issues. And due to this, the Roku is facing such issues when it is trying to connect to the database. You must know that it requires a very fast and stable internet connection for streaming channels.
- Device Configuration Problems: However, you might not have properly set your Roku device to establish a connection with the Wi-Fi or the internet. Besides this, it can be due to some internal issues of the Roku device. Therefore, this causes the internal system error and thus prohibits it to connect to the internet connection.
- Cables are Loose: In some cases, it may also happen that the cables are loose that are connected to the device. Thus, this may also be a reason because of which the error is being shown.
Prominent Solutions to Get Rid of Roku Error Code 009:
Without wasting any more time, let us discuss the solution or methods with which you can resolve the issue. Here, you will be getting some of the easiest ways or steps to solve the Roku error 009. Go through the instructions below and check which one solves the error.
Solution 1: Check your Internet Connection
The first and foremost thing that you should check is your internet connection. Basically, you need to check the stability of the internet connection that you are using at that time. Check out the below steps to know what really you need to do.
- Use your Laptop or TV to stream the Roku and then go to the Settings menu.
- Now, you have to click on the Network. Followed by which, you have to perform the below steps to check the quality as well as the connection of the internet.
- After that, you have to check the speed of your internet connection. Check what it shows.
However, if it shows that the connection speed is fairly poor, then you have to wait until the connection gets strong. Besides, if it shows that the connection speed is good, then you are good to go and check if the error persists or not.
Solution 2: Change the DNS (Domain Name Server) Settings
Once you can configure the DNS properly, you will be able to access channels of any other regions which are inaccessible in your region. But to do that, you have to make changes in the DNS function of the WiFi router. Check the below steps to solve it.
- First, switch off the router and launch the Roku via your TV or Laptop.
- Then hit the Settings section in the player.
- After that, you have to select the System Settings from the menu.
- Now, click on the Factory Reset option.
- After that, you have to log in to your router again. There you need to make changes in the DNS settings.
- Then you have to update the IP from the IP routing services.
- Choose Network VPN as an option of connection.
Congrats! Now you have successfully changed the DNS configuration. Thus, you will be able to access all the channels of the Roku.
Solution 3: Reset the Network Settings
If the above methods did not solve the issue, then you can go through this solution. However, sometimes the Roku network configurations have gone corrupted. So, you can apply the following steps to reset the Network Settings.
- You have to open your Roku and log in to your account.
- Open the Settings and then go to the System Option.
- Click on System Restart when the next screen arrives. Followed by that, click on the Network Connection Reset.
- Now, you have to wait until the device restarts.
- Once the device restarts, you now have to click on Settings and then click on Network.
- Followingly, click on the Wi-Fi option and tap on Setup A New WiFi Connection Option.
- Accordingly, you have to select the Wifi which you want to connect to.
- Then you have to select Automatic in the option and give your credentials.
- Once the connection is complete, you are good to go. Also, check if the issue persists.
Solution 4: Reset the Roku Software
Lastly, you can try to reset the software of the Roku device. Go through the instructions below to successfully do the steps and solve the issue.
- Open Roku and by giving the credentials login to your Roku Account.
- Open the Settings and then go to the System Option.
- Now, on the next screen, click in System Reset. And then click on the Factory Reset option.
- Now, wait until the device reset and restarts itself.
That’s all that you need to solve the Roku error code 009. You can check which of the abovesaid solutions solves the problem. However, if none of the solves the problem, then you can contact the support of the Roku and let them know about it.
Before that, you can also get in touch with your internet service provider and ask them to check the connection issue.