Many people face the problem of YouTube slowing down, and this can happen due to many reasons. It is indeed very irritating and can even ruin your entire day. Basically, YouTube lagging can happen because of overloading the server or for internet problems, or because of application glitch. Now, if you are facing the same problem then there are few ways mentioned below that will help you to solve the problem.
Simple Fixes of YouTube Lagging Issue
Often people have reported that while playing any YouTube videos, they face the lagging problem frequently. To solve this problem there are specific ways that will help you out. The small tricks are listed below that will solve the issue of YouTube lagging.
You need to clear the browsing data
It might be possible that there are some cache files that are corrupted, or the history on your browser might be the main reason for the problem. Hence, you need to clear your browser to solve the problem of YouTube lagging. Mainly these data are stored in Google Chrome. So, follow the steps to get rid of lag.
- First, you need to press the CTRL+shift+delete key from your keyboard to initiate the process to move further.
- Then, you need to uncheck all the boxes which will appear on the left side of the display box. Now, after selecting all the items, click on ‘Clear browsing data’.
- The data from the browser are all cleared. Then, you have to restart, and you need to check if the lagging problem is there or not.
You need to find the extension that can be the reason behind the lagging problem
Due to some extensions on the browser, your YouTube videos may slow down while streaming. Thus, you might face the problem of YouTube lagging. Follow the steps to check the Google Chrome extension and also to get rid of this issue:
- On the top right side of the browser window, you will see a menu icon. You need to take your cursor to the Menu icon and click on it. Then, a menu box will appear and you have to go to the More Tool option and select the Extensions option.
- Then, an extensions list will appear. You need to uncheck the box given on the right side of the browser. This will help you to disable the extension. To check which extension is slowing down, you can disable one extension at a time and play the video. In this way, you can see which extension is causing the problem.
You can also reinstall to the latest version to solve the issue
Often the users have reported that they are facing certain problems with the browsers. This can happen if the web browser is not updated. Then, you need to try to reinstall the browser for the latest version. Follow the steps to initiate the process.
- First, you need to go to the Start menu which is at the bottom left of the screen. Over there, you need to type ‘control’.
- The Control Panel will appear; you need to click on it to initiate the process.
- From the View By the drop-down menu, you need to select a large icon option. Now, you have to select the Program and Features which is on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now, you need to click the Uninstall option, which will appear on the right side of the browser.
- Then, you have to go to the latest version, which you will find on the official website. You need to download it and install the latest version on your computer.
- Start the latest version and see if still any YouTube lagging issue is there.
You need to update the graphic driver and also the network to get rid of lagging issues
If you have a wrong network or an outdated graphic driver, then you will often face the lagging issue. So, if the above fixes do not work, then you can try his one. You can update your graphic driver and also the network to get rid of the YouTube lagging problem.
You can use any third-party application to update the graphic driver. This is very easy to use as well as reliable too. You don’t need to take the extra load of downloading or installing the wrong driver. The third-party application will recognize the system and will find the correct driver for it. In this way, you don’t have to worry about making mistakes.
Below are a few steps that will help you out.
- The first and foremost thing you need to download and install is the third-party application.
- Now, you need to run the third-party application and then go to the Scan Now button to initiate the process. Then, it will scan and detect if there is any problem with the driver.
- Finally, you need to click on the Update button and then download the latest and correct driver. You can also hit the Update All option to update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer. It will work automatically.
You need to close all the tabs that are open on your browser
There can be many reasons why you are facing YouTube lagging. One of the reasons can be to open too many tabs on your browser. To stop the lagging issues, you need to close all the apps and open one at a time if needed. This will help you to free up space from your device and will help you to run the YouTube videos smoothly.
You can also change your video quality settings to solve the issues
Often the user reports that they are facing a lagging problem even though there is no problem with the internet connection. Depending on the internet connection, YouTube adjusts the quality of videos. In this case, you need to change the video quality settings. On the browser, you need to click on the Setting button. Now, you need to click on the Quality option and reduce it. If the problem is still there, then choose a lower non-HD setting.
These are some ways that will help you to solve the problem of YouTube lagging. It is a very common problem faced by all the users. All the way how you can fix this problem is given in detail. You just need to follow the steps accordingly and get the problem solved.