Printers are one of the most important daily necessities which are required for fulfilling everyday printing purposes. However, if you want to print something, you need to connect it to a device. In case you are using a Mac device, then for your kind information, adding a printer in your Mac is quite easy. You just need to follow some steps to install a printer on your Mac device.
Probably if you are looking for solutions on how to install a printer on a Mac, then the below guidelines will help you with the process. In this article, the instructions are related to Mac OS 10.11.
Here is How to Manually Add a Printer on the Mac:
Before you go through the steps for installing a printer on Mac, you have to load the printer with ink and a few papers. Then connect the printer with the Mac using a USB cable. Now, go through the following instructions cited below:
- First, you have to find the printer that you want to add to your Mac. To find that you have to check the label that is affixed on the printer. If you are unable to find it, then you can check the official website of the printer.
- You have to click on the Apple Menu which is located in the upper hand corner of the display. Followingly, you have to click on the System Preferences.
- Then tap on Printers and Scanners.
- Now, you have to click on the + icon which is located on the lower left of the menu to add a printer.
- Once the menu pops up, click on the IP. Then it will ask to type the full name of your printer in the Address bar.
- Now the “Use” drop-down should automatically select the correct drivers for the printer model.
However, if it defaults to “Generic Printer”, then you can follow the below steps:
- Change the Protocol setting of the menu. Now, from the Use menu, re-select the “Auto-Select” and then repeat each Protocol settings.
- Besides, make sure that the printer is powered on and is connected to power. Also, make sure that the printer’s name is correct. However, ensure that the printer’s name and printer address are correct. Besides, you can add “lw” in the end. For instance, if you have “ath-copy”, then you can use “ath-copy-lw”
- Now, choose the “Select Software ”followingly find the printer’s model in the list.
(in some cases, with some highly advanced copy machines, you might have to download and install the driver of the printer. For that, you can go to the official website of the printer’s manufacturer and download the driver of the specific printer.)
- Lastly, you have to click on the Add and continue.
Problems While Adding a Printer on Mac and Its Associated Fixes:
Sometimes due to some internal causes, the Mac is not able to add a printer. In that case, you can follow the guidelines cited below for the fixes.
- If you see any errors in the above steps, such as “Unable to Verify the Printer on your Network”. Then just tap on Cancel and revert back to the previous step.
- And then an option will appear where the icon will look like the printer. This makes sure that you are on the right track. However, if the printer you have has some extra things such as a Duplex Unit or a Hole Puncher, then this is the place to indicate that.
- Perhaps, if you are not sure about the extra options your printer has, then you don’t have to worry. As you can add them later if they exist and decide whether you need it or not. Once you are done with all the necessary changes, then just click on Ok.
That is the overall information that you need if you want to know how to install a printer on a Mac. Although, if you still face any problem, then you can go to the official page and download the driver and repeat the process. Besides, you can also check for any available updates.