There can be times when you may run into some problem with your Windows 10. You can search for solutions online, but even after applying them, the problem may not be solved. In such a moment, it is best to do a Windows 10 reinstall.
Steps for how to reinstall Windows 10 without CD or USB?
There are three steps for how to reinstall Windows 10 without a USB or CD.
1. How to reinstall Windows 10 by keeping the files
When you will reinstall the Windows 10, you will see an option of ‘Reset This PC’. After selecting this option you will see two more options. You will see the option for keeping and removing your personal files.
One benefit of this process is that you do not need any extra downloads for starting the process of the setup. You can perform the process by following the given steps:-
- First of all, you have to open the Start menu. Then go to the Settings. After that, select the ‘Update & Security’ option and then ‘Recovery’.
- Then, you have to go to the option of ‘Reset this PC’ and click on the option of ‘Get started’.
- After that, you will be given two options. If you want to reinstall the Windows 10 without having to lose any of your personal data, then you have to click on ‘Keep my files’.
- Now, a window will pop up after the process has been prepared. This window will tell you that your app will be removed. To proceed, click on ‘Next’.
- Next, you have to click the ‘Reset’ option in the interface of ‘Ready to reset this PC’. This will help you to make the windows 10 reinstall without having to use any CD.
2. How to reinstall Windows 10 from the ISO files
Another way of reinstalling Windows 10 is by using the files of the Windows ISO. Follow the given steps to proceed with the process:-
- At first, you have to go to Microsoft and download the Media creation tool.
- Then, you have to acquire the files of the Windows 10 ISO.
- You have to open the creation tool and select ‘Create installation media for another PC’ option.
- After that, you have to select the architecture (32 or 64-bit), language and edition.
- Then, you have to make an installation ISO after checking the ISO file options. You have to know that this step will have the ISO burned on a DVD afterward.
- Now, you can mount the ISO file, and you will not need to use any CDs or USBs. This process will also upgrade the current OS you are using to Windows 10.
You can mount the ISO files by following the given steps:-
- At first, you have to search for the correct ISO file. Then you have to click on the properties by right-clicking on the ISO files.
- Then, under the tab of ‘General’, you have to select the option ‘Change’ and then open the file by using the Windows Explorer.
- Next, you have to select the option ‘Mount’ after right-clicking on the file.
- Lastly, you have to see the included files after double-clicking on the ISO files. From these files, you have to double-click on the ‘setup.exe’ files. This will start the setup process for Windows 10.
- When you will see that the setup is ready, you will be given two options of downloading the updates now and downloading the updates later. It is suggested that you go for downloading the option now.
- Then, this setup will see whether any update is available or not.
- You have to click on the ‘Accept’ option for the ‘License terms’.
- The setup will look for updates on its own. Then it will download the most suitable updates accordingly.
- After the required updates are ready, you will see the screen of ‘Ready to install’. In this screen, you cal also click the option ‘Change what to keep’.
- Next, you will be given three options. From these options, you have to carefully choose whether you want to keep your personal files only, or the apps along with it. You can also select to remove all the data completely.
- After selecting the options, you will see the screen of ‘Ready to install’. Click on ‘Install’ within this option. This will begin the process for the reinstallation of Windows 10.
3. How to reinstall Windows 10 by using the ISO files from a partition
You can also reinstall Windows 10 by using the ISO files from the partition it is saved in. Follow the given steps:-
- At the time of booting to Command prompt, the drive letters may not be the same. To confirm this, you have to check the letter of the drive and see for any Windows 10 ISO partition. You will be able to do this with the help of the ‘DISKPART’ command.
You can enter the following command, and then press ‘enter’
- You will be able to make the Windows setup to launch with the help of the ISO files by typing the command :
- Now, you can run the setup. Then you will be asked for on which partition you want to install. When you will be asked for the product key, you have to select the option of ‘i don’t have a product key’. At the time of reinstalling Windows 10, the product key is not necessary. The installation will start on its own.
- Then, in the options for the drive, you have to select each of the partitions other than the one containing the ISO files for the Windows. Then you need to remove the other partitions.
- Now, you will be left with only the unallocated partitions and spaces containing drivers and ISO files. You have to select the option of the unallocated space. Then you have to click on Next to activate the Windows 10 reinstallation process.
I hope that you have understood the process of how to reinstall Windows 10 without using CD or USB. You can face problems and the solution for some of these problems are reinstalling of Windows 10. Hence, now you will be able to successfully reinstall Windows 10 without any difficulty.