TomTom is one of the companies which provides some of the best GPS devices. They are very effective and you get turn-by-turn instruction for driving along with showing you your location. Updates for the GPS maps and softwares are offered periodically to update the users about the road changes and to fix the bugs as well.
Procedure for TomTom free Map Update
TomTom GPS updates and map updates are very important. This will allow you to go anywhere in the world and you will never get lost. So, let us see the procedures for TomTom free map update and free device update.
Updating the TomTom Device
In order to keep your device up to date, you have to update the software of TomTom Home. So, let us see the steps to update TomTom Home:-
- First of all, you have to open the software of TomTom Home. If you are a Windows user, you will find this option in the “Start” menu and if you are a Mac user, you will find it in the folder of “Applications”.
- After that, you have to connect your device of TomTom to your computer. The method of connecting the devices vary with the devices. Normally, you can use the data cable to connect your mobile with the computer.
- Next, you have to go to the top of the TomTom Home software windows and click on the gray icon of “Update my device”. Now, the software will check on the online server of TomTom for any available updates. If there are any updates available, then a list will appear containing all the names of the updates.
- Now, you have to click on the option of “Update and Install”. After this, the update will be downloaded on your TomTom device and the installation process will proceed. Before using the device, you must let it get installed first.
- Lastly, you have to disconnect your device from the computer. You have to go to the top of the screen of TomTom Home and click on the option of “Disconnect Device”. Then, you can remove the connection of data cable and continue using your device.
From this first method, you have successfully done the TomTom GPS updates
MapShare for TomTom free Map Update
This method of updating will take help of the sharing instrument of TomTom knows as “MapShare”. MapShare contains all the user databases that are up-to-date. This can be downloaded for free along with TomTom Home. New streets, change in one-way roads, new points of interest, changes in road restriction and much more are included in the database.
Many professional and daily drivers, who are grouped by TomTom, uploads the traffic-informations in real-time. These are available for download in the “available updates”. Due to this reason, any older map, which is being shared using MapShare will be beneficial to many drivers.
Open Street Maps for TomTom free Map Update
Using the Open Street Maps of TomTom, many projects are trying to provide free maps to the users. Being a free platform, the enthusiasts in the community of Open Street Maps can upload maps after editing. Then it can be downloaded by any user of TomTom from any part of the world.
Latest Map Guarantee for “TomTom Update Free”
When you have bought the latest device by TomTom, then you will be provided with a certain period of time, within which, you can download the updates that have been released after the manufacture of your device. This process will guarantee you that you will get all the latest updates.
For example; if you have bought a TomTom device of the GO series, then you will be offered 30 days to download all the updated information. However, if you have bought a device from the PRO series, then you will get 90 days to download the updated information.
Lifetime Maps for TomTom GPS Updates
Lifetime Maps is included in some of the smartphone apps and devices of TomTom. When you will buy a device that has this feature of Lifetime Maps, then you will get the benefit of updating the maps four times in a year for absolutely free. You will enjoy this benefit for the lifetime of your device. Another feature, that is World Lifetime Maps, enables you to download maps of any part of the world and you will not need to pay extra for that.
You have to download MyDrive Connect or TomTom HOME for your Mac or PC depending on what device you are using. Before starting the updating process, you have to register your device. This will allow TomTom to send an email whenever there is a new update available. If you didn’t get a code along with your device but you see the icon for Lifetime Map, then you have to connect your device to your computer. After that, you have to log in with your account of TomTom. Then, you have to select the option of “Tools”, and then click on “Use Latest Maps Guarantee”. This will show when you are using TomTom Home. However, when you are using MyDrive Connect, you will be able to see all the available updates as soon as you connect your device with your computer.
However, if you geta a Lifetime Maps activation or promo code with your device, then you just have to enter this code in the software if TomTom and you will be able to download the updated maps in the future. Additionally, if you are using TomTom Home, you have to connect your device to your computer and switch on the device. You have to select “YES” when you will be asked for permission to connect to the computer. After that, you have to select the option of “Eject”, for disconnecting your device from your computer. Then, from the main menu of the TomTom Home program, you have to click on the option of “Use my activation code”. Next, you have to enter your activation code, and press “Next”. You have to press on the button of “Continue” when your code will be accepted.
So, these are the procedures for doing TomTom GPS updates and map updates for free. These are the most effective way of doing these updates. You will be able to follow these updates easily. So, do your TomTom free map update today and utilize your TomTom device to its fullest.