Avast Antivirus is a very popular and well-known antivirus in the market. Besides, it provides the best features and options to secure any system. Although, if you want to know more about it, then you can follow the Avast Antivirus Review.
With its increasing demand, Avast has launched its secure browser which provides a lot of features not to miss. And the Secure browser comes bundled with a lot of features and extensions that allow you to have easy, simple and secure browsing. However, if you want to know more about this, then you can check out the Avast Secure Browser Review.
Above all, Avast Secure browser provides the best option to secure and save your bank details is the Bank Mode. Avast has brought you the best feature to protect your bank credentials and details of the bank from cybercriminals. Here in this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about the Avast Bank Mode.
What is Avast Bank Mode?
Avast Bank Mode is a feature of the Avast Secure browser that lets you access your bank account securely. Besides, it is available to you when you install any Avast antivirus along with the Avast Secure browser. However, the bank mode is not available in the default mode of the Secure Browser. Though to access it, you have to install Avast Antivirus.
Basically, Bank Mode opens a virtual display that actually acts as a clean as well as a new virtual PC within your real PC to open the banking sites.
Is Avast Bank Mode Safe?
Obviously, before you start using the Avast Bank mode, you might want to know is it safe using? Well Yes, the Avast Bank Mode is one of the safe options that you can avail of for securing your bank credentials.
Once the bank mode is activated, it opens a virtual desktop to access or login to your bank account. This Virtual Desktop basically protects you from various infections such as malicious scripts, keystroke logging as well as screenshot attempts by third-party apps. There are various methods by which cybercriminals try to steal your bank credentials, as they earn their living from this. They give various links and extensions which are not known to you and thus steal all the basic details. However, sometimes the third-party apps also keep on taking screenshots and stealing the details.
Therefore, by using the bank mode, you can secure your system from all such suspicious ways and in return securing your bank details. However, you might want to know how you can install and use it on your system. Besides, you should know that to use it, you need to have the Avast Secure Browser as well as an Avast security system.
Here is How to Install and Use the Avast Bank Mode:
As mentioned above, firstly, you have to install the Avast Secure Browser. However, the Avast Secure Browser is a standalone product from the Avast. But to enable the Avast Bank Mode, your system should have Avast Security or the Avast Antivirus. Open the official website of the Avast and from there, download the Avast Secure Browser. Although if you are using the Avast SafeZone Browser, you probably have received the update and the SafeZone Browser is turned to Secure Browser. This is because Avast has updated to Secure browser and discontinued the SafeZine Browser.
Then to open the Bank Mode, you can follow the instructions given below:
- First, you have to double click on the Avast Secure Browser icon on your desktop to open a new tab.
- Now, on the top-right corner, you can see an Avast icon, hit on that. This will open the Security & Privacy Centre of the Avast Secure browser.
- Once the Security & Privacy Centre opens, you have to navigate to the Bank Mode. Open it and then the browser will open a virtual desktop for you.
- After that, you will be able to safely visit any bank websites and execute online payments.
With all the installing steps, you too might sometimes need to turn off the Bank mode or to manage the Bank Mode. As the bank mode once activated will run in the background unless it is turned off completely. Thus, you need to turn it off. For that, you can follow the given below instructions again.
How to Switch from Bank Mode to Secure Browser?
- You have to click on the Switchback button which is located in the bottom left corner of the virtual desktop. This will in return switch you from the Bank mode to Secure Browser.
- Similarly, if you want to switch from the Secure Browser to the Bank Mode, then you have to click on the yellow Bank Mode button which is located in the bottom right corner.
Steps to Follow to Turn off the Bank Mode
- Open the secure browser and switch to the bank mode. When the virtual desktop opens, you have to click on the red power button, which is located in the bottom right corner.
- After that, Avast will ask for your confirmation, and in the dialog box, you have to click on the Yes.
How to Pin an Application to the Taskbar of the Bank Mode
- You have to click on the + icon which is located in the bottom-left corner of the Virtual desktop of the Bank Mode.
- Now, windows will open the folders and ask you to select the application which you want to add to the Bank Mode taskbar.
- Click on the Application and click on Open. Then Avast will ask for confirmation and then you have to click Add on the Avast Information dialog box to confirm.
- However, if you want to remove any application from the list, you can simply right-click on the application, followed by clicking on the “Unpin This Program From the Taskbar”.
You might experience some issues with the Bank Mode, this is when you can opt for the troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem.
- Make sure that the latest Avast program is installed into your system as well as your system Operating System is up to date.
- Then, you have to restart your PC and you may have to do this for more than once.
- After that, if the Bank Mode still does not work, then you can simply reinstall and add it to the Secure Browser on your PC.
Once you go through this article till the end, you are now aware of the Avast Bank Mode and how to install it. If you make a lot of online transactions, then this is something you can opt for. However, make sure that you have both the Avast Secure Browser as well as the Avast Antivirus to avail the Avast Bank Mode features.