Omegle is a place where you can meet new people. This is a chat room where you can talk to strangers from all over the world. You can do video chats with the people using Omegle. Omegle has become quite successful as a chat site.
However, the problem of omegle error not connecting to server still occurs. When this error happens, you are not able to use it all. But, this problem can be solved and there are few methods to do it.
Solution for Omegle error connecting to server
This error of omegle not connecting to server can occur due to weak or defective connection of the internet. Another reason for this problem is due to the piling up of browsing data on your computer. This data are created by Flash plugins or websites.
Now, let us see what are the ways by which you can solve this problem:-
1. Useful commands
Here is a set of commands, which will help you to solve this problem. You have to run these commands in the Command Prompt. These commands will rebuild some of the DNS settings and the IP settings and they obtain some of the selected settings.
- First of all, you have to bring up the “Command Prompt”. You will be able to do this by typing the name in the Start menu. Then, select the first option which appears after performing the search. Within the option, you have to click on “Run as administrator”.
- After that, you have to type the given commands and then press ‘Enter’ each time you write a single command. You have to wait until you see some message like “Operation completed successfully”. If this message do not show up, it means that you have written the command wrong.
3. Now, you can open Omegle and check if the Omegle error connecting to server is still persisting or not.
2. Omegle VPN error solution
The Omegle not connecting to server problem can also be due to the fact that you were not using a VPN. Also, the using of the wrong VPN can also cause this problem. Hence, you have to be careful while selecting a VPN if you were not any VPN earlier. Open Omegle again by using the VPN. It is seen that many people have benefitted from using VPN to open Omegle.
3. Clear the Browsing Data of the Flash
This process can be done from within your browser. Deleting of the Flash browsing data is a crucial solution for this problem as Omegle uses Flash to a huge extent.
- You have to open the Website Storage Settings Panel within the Flash page. If the loading is not done automatically, then you have to click Get Adobe Flash option. After that, an option will show up for running the Flash. You have to click on confirm.
- Then, you have to select the option of Delete all sites within the option of Website Storage. After the process is complete, you have to restart your computer. Now open Omegle to see if the error connecting to server Omegle problem is solved or not.
4. Clear the browser of all the cookies
Clearing your browser of all the cookies will not only help you to open Omegle but also to get a better browsing experience. Deleting cookies will not delete any important browser data. This method may not work for everyone, but it is worth a try.
- In Google Chrome, you have to click on the three vertical dots to open the settings. Then, you have to select “More tools”. After that, within that option, you have to click “Clear browsing data”. If you want to delete all the browsing data, you have to select the option of “the beginning of time” when you will be asked to specify the time period. It is always better to delete all the cookies and cache.
- For deleting all the cookies, you have to select Settings after clicking on the three dots again. Then, you have to click on the Advanced settings to expand it.
- After that, you have to open the Content Settings. Then, you have to go down on the list to find the remaining cookies after you have deleted them already. Now, delete these remaining cookies.
- Lastly, restart your computer, and check if omegle error connecting to server is still occurring.
- In Mozilla Firefox, you have to click on the library-like button. you will find this button on the upper right side of the browser. From here, you have to click on the option ‘History’. Then, you have to select the ‘Clear Recent History’ option.
- Now, you have to manage a few options. You have to click on the arrow icon beside the ‘Everything’ option under the ‘Time range to clear’ option. Then, a dropdown menu will show up.
- Then, you have to click on the arrow beside the option of Details. This will help you to see what items will be deleted. It is important for you to know this because of the option of Clear History has a different meaning from other browsers. This may contain some important browsing data, hence you have to be careful while deleting these items.
- It is advisable to select Cookies before clicking the option of Clear Now. Then, you have to wait until the process is completed. Now, restart the browser and see if the error connecting to server Omegle problem still persists.
I hope that you will be able to solve your problem with omegle not connecting to server. These are the easiest fix you can apply to resolve this problem. However, you have to be careful while performing these fixes, as they deal with some important data on your computer. This is especially in case of clearing cache and cookies from your browsers. Always be careful to delete the cookies and cache and not some important data.