Many of the users are facing the problem of system UI isn’t responding. When this problem occurs, a message of “Process system isn’t,t responding” pops up. This error is not fixed to any one brand or device. It is seen across various android devices.
If you are facing this problem, then you don’t have to worry. This can be solved by some simple solutions.
Reason for the Android process system isn’t responding Error
This problem is reported mainly by those users who have recently got a new OS of Android, or after downloading some apps from places other than Google Play Store. Some other reasons are like:-
- A virus affected SD card.
- Conflict of software.
- Insufficient memory or storage space.
- Some files of the system are missing.
- If the device has been rooted.
Methods to fix the error of system UI isn’t responding
There are many methods you can follow to solve this problem. But, before going through any of the processes, you have to back up your data, otherwise, it will be lost You can take the help of some third-party apps for this process. After you have secured your data, now you can begin with the solution methods:-
1. Restart the Android device
The first thing you should do when you see the error message of the Android process system isn’t responding is to restart your device. You have to keep pressing the power button until you see the option for the reboot to appear. Then click on the option, and the phone will restart automatically.
If this process did not solve your problem, then you can do the process in another way. You have to hold the volume up and the power button simultaneously. When the screen will go dark, wait for a few seconds and start the device by pressing the power button. If the error still occurs, then move to the next solution.
2. Ensure that the internal memory sufficient space
As you know that the internal memory is bound to fill up with the system restore files. This can be a reason behind the error of system UI isn’t responding. For this reason, you have to make sure that the device’s internal memory is more than 500 MB free.
You will be able to check the storage by going to the ‘Settings’. After that, you have to go to the ‘Memory and Storage option. If you see that the storage is less than 500MB, then you can clear the storage by deleting any big files of videos, photos, etc. You can use an SD card to store all these big size files and keep the internal storage free.
3. Make sure that all the apps are updated
Having apps that have not been updated for quite some time can cause this error to occur. Many users have reported that updating the apps have solved the problem on their device.
You will be able to update the apps by following the given steps:-
- First of all, you have to open the Google Play Store.
- At the top left corner of the play store, you have to click on the three-line menu button. From the drop-down menu you have to click on ‘My apps & games’.
- Now, you will be able to see the list of all the installed apps of your device. You can click on the option of ‘Update all’ or you can also update them individually.
If this solution did not solve the problem of the Android process system isn’t responding, then go to the next solution
4. Do System Software Update
Updating your software of the device is also very important. It is always best to run on the latest software updates. Usually, the software update brings new features and optimizations. However, it can also fix some critical hardware and software issues.
You have to click on the ‘Settings’ option and go to the option ‘About phone’. Within this option, you have to click on the option of ‘Software update’. Then click on ‘Check for Updates’, it will show if any new updates are available at the moment.
If there is an update available, then you will see an update button appear at the top of the menu. Click on this button, and the update will be downloaded. This process will take some time. As the update will proceed, your phone may reboot several times.
You will be alerted when the update will be completed. Now check if the error of system UI isn’t responding is still there. This is most likely to solve the problem, but if not, then proceed to the next solution.
5. SD card
If the problem is not solved with the previous method, then there is a great chance that it is due to your SD card. A faulty SD card can also cause this problem. First of all, you have to be sure and check the SD card for any problem. If you find it to be corrupted, then it is best to replace it.
This problem can also occur if you have all your apps stored on your SD card. In this case, you will see the error whenever you run those apps which are stored on the SD card. To fix this problem, you have to transfer all the apps to the phone’s internal storage from the SD card.
You will be able to do it by following the given steps:-
- First, you have to go to ‘Settings’. After that, you have to click on the option of ‘Application’.
- Then, click on the app which is stored in your SD card.
- After that, you have to select the option of ‘Move to device storage’, the app will be automatically transferred to the internal storage of your device.
6. Do a factory reset
If you see that none of the other solutions are working, then you can go for the factory reset option. Before you start this process, you have to make sure that you have backed-up all of your import data.
After backing up the data, now you can proceed with the factory reset. You can do the factory reset by following the given steps:-
- First, you have to open the ‘Settings’ option on your phone. Then, select the option of ‘Backup and reset’ by scrolling down on the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Here, you have to select the option of ‘Factory data reset’, and then click on the ‘Reset device’ option.
- After that, you will have to click on ‘Erase everything’, and this will delete everything from your internal storage. After that, you have to select the option for a reboot which is suitable for you.
The above-discussed solutions are the best solutions for the problem of system UI isn’t responding and I hope that you will be able to solve the problem. You should always make sure that you do a proper backup so that you do not lose any important data.