Garmin is a well-known and popular brand that provides smart devices for everyday purposes. However, the Garmin Nuvi 200 is a GPS navigator device that helps to reach a destination in the right direction. Thus, you don’t have to yell on your Siri or Google Assistant anymore for the direction to a destination.
Garmin Nuvi 200 is one of the affordable GPS Navigator devices you can avail in the market. Despite the affordable price, it still comes with a lot of features to compete with the other products in the market.
Although sometimes you might find that there are some bugs or errors as well as there are some problems with the direction. You should know that this is not due to any issue with the device, but this is basically due to obsolete apps that need to be updated. If you are with such issues and want to update the apps but you are facing issues. Then you are in the right place, as in this article we will be discussing the Garmin Nuvi 200 update and how to do it.
Salient Features of the Garmin Nuvi 200 with the Update
Obviously you would be asking why you want to update to the latest firmware. Well, you can check ou the features you will be getting with the new firmware updates.
- Garmin has added the time as well as the distance on the route review page.
- In addition to the above, Garmin has also added an option for you to set the home location and the recently used list.
- You will have an improved label display on the map pages.
- They have corrected the search results display.
- Besides the issue when more than 255 custom POI categories are being used has been corrected.
- You now can about the off-road navigation as they corrected it.
- The backlight setting of the north Arctic circle has been solved.
Prominent Ways for You to Garmin Nuvi 200 Update
With all such newly added features, you might want to update the firmware. So here are the steps and instructions by which you can do the Garmin Nuvi 200 update. However, before you start with any of the steps you have to connect to the Garmin Nuvi 200 device to the PC using the USB that is given to in the box of the device.
Update Using the Garmin Express
You can go through the steps given below if you want to update the Garmin Nuvi 200 with the help of Garmin Express.
- Once you have connected the device with the PC, you have to download the Garmin Express. Although if your PC is having the Garmin Express then you can hit to the next step. If not, then simply open the official website and download the Garmin Express file and double-click on it to install it in the system.
- Launch the Garmin Express, and then locate your device and click on it.
- After that, the app itself check for any updates. However, if there are any updates then it will be shown to you.
- Then you are select all the important updates and click on install.
- Once the process is done. Your Gramin Nuvi 200 is updated with the new firmware as well as with the new app updates.
Then you will be guided to install map updates and other important updates step by step. Follow the steps and you will successfully install the updates. Besides if you are facing any issues or errors with Garmin Express, then you can simply check the Garmin Express Not Working: Fix.
Update Using my Garmin Account
Alternately you can also update the firmware using your Garmin Account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the browser and hit to the following address.
- You have to create an account if you don’t have any. Although if you have one you can go to the next step.
- You have to log in to your Garmin account and make sure that your GPS Navigator Device is connected to the PC.
- On the Home tab of the website, you have to click on the Register button. And then go through the onscreen instructions to register the product you have.
- Once done, you have to click on the Order Now and then download all the new updates available for the device.
- Click on the “Get Free Updates”, followed by clicking on the “Download” and then on the Next button.
- Now you have to give the product key and then click on the Continue.
- Lastly, you have to go through all the on-screen instructions and click on Download and save the file in an easily accessible location.
That is all with the instructions to update the Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS Navigator device. You now just have to connect the device with your vehicle and you are all set to go. You now can travel to any place after you have specified the destination. Happy journey.