World Wide Web Consortium is the standard of all the operations that we carry out on the web. And we all know how revolutionary this thing called the world wide web has been.
This has connected millions and millions of people throughout the world, and that too pretty quickly. And because of that, the world hasn’t been the same from there on.
Now, if we talk about the technological aspects of this, then there are a lot of positive and negative things. Former is in the matter of progress that there has been and the latter is with the problems.
And then there’s the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group who is behind the means of creating web properties.
Recently, we’ve seen certain complications in terms of working and functionality between the two. And because of that, people who use the services of these organizations have had to face a lot of problems.
Let’s check out right here in this article, as to what this was and how the new solution is working.
What the Main Issue Was in this Case
HTML, or the Hypertext Markup Language is the primary means of putting content on the world wide web. That’s not exactly a computer programming language to be specific. But is something similar and there are processes to that.
The thing is that there have been a lot of different advancements in the matter of HTML. And not only this, there are a lot of systems that have come about to support better function of this.
Nowadays, there are elaborate systems that help us put together websites and then content in them quick. And all you need for that is a couple of clicks here and there, and voila!
You can have a great looking, great functioning website like that. But that’s where the complications have been.
The WHATWG and the World Wide Web Consortium were having problems keeping all the things in place. And from there, a lot of different complications have risen which were getting worse.
That’s precisely the reason why we’re having this MOU, or Memorandum of Understanding has come about. Where these 2 gigantic organizations have teamed up to resolve this issue once and for all.
The Teaming Up of WHATWG with W3C for the Solution
The problem was as significant as it was, because of it involves users from every other corner of the world. Everyone of them requires the proper use of HTML or something that involves the same.
That’s why this pact between these 2 prime organizations in this field has been so important. As with this memorandum of understanding between the 2, we’re free from a lot of issues.
- The 2 organizations are going to work together for setting up the repositories in the proper way. That is going to ensure the fact that a Living Standard and Recommendation, or Review Draft snapshots are set.
- This time around the Living Standards of HTML and DOM Living Standards are going to be on point together.
- The W3C is going to make sure that they are going to facilitate the direct working of the repositories. That will totally take care of the different bridging communities, issues with filling, tests for writing.
- World Wide Web Consortium is also going to put a stop on sending out of a designated info list. All the ones that relate to the specifications with the HTML and DOM doctrines.
So these are all the different implementations that you’re going to see from this event. Now, let’s go ahead and take a look at the different aspects that this collaboration brings.
- Here, the WHATWG is going to create snapshots periodically and they are going to be called Review Drafts. W3C here, is going to select the ones which are going to be the Candidate Recommendations. That will follow the process that W3C has set from here onwards.
- For all the cases in which the disagreements will sustain, and no agreement comes for a long time. Then, any of the sides that are within the situation can effectively stop that process.
- In cases of copyright issues as well as branding for singular documents. All of that is going to occur in a joint scheme.
- The recs that W3C has on the website of WHATWG, there are going to be references to all the features that are stable.
Thus you can see that there are new aspects that have come about as a result of such a collaboration. This is going to ensure proper execution of the vital processes that are there.
This kind of a thing has been on the back burner for quite a while now. And each of these two organizations have been testing out the waters for proper contracts and performance.
The World Wide Web Consortium has made a commitment for this. Because of that, we’re going to have the proper development of HTML. This will carry forward to a lot of different avenues for the development of this technology further.