Google developed Google Chrome in the year 2008. This is a freeware web browser developed for Microsoft Windows only. Over the years, it made its way to other OS as well. And today, it is one of the popular web browsers out there. However, no matter how popular they get, they always face some technical problems from time to time.
One such problem is Taskbar showing in fullscreen when a Youtube video is played in full-screen. This is not a normal procedure. So, to solve this problem, here we will be discussing some of the best solutions.
Premium Ways of Solving Taskbar won’t Hide in Fullscreen Chrome:
So, let us see what are the ways by which you can fix the problem of Taskbar showing in fullscreen Chrome.
Way 1: Restart Explorer.exe
The Explorer.exe is commonly known as the File Explorer. It is an application for managing files and it comes with the OS of Microsoft Windows. This helps in accessing the file system. Without the File Explorer, you will not be able to navigate through a Windows machine. Hence, by restarting it, the “Taskbar showing in fullscreen” problem can be solved.
Here is how to restart it:
- First of all, you have to open the Run application by pressing the R and the Windows key simultaneously. After that, you have to write “taskmgr” within the Run box. This will open the “Task Manager”.
- Now, you have to press the “Process” tab. You will find it at the top of the “Task Manager”.
- After that, in the list of processes, you have to find the task of Windows Explorer. Then, you have to select the “Windows Explorer” by clicking on it. Next, you have to press the “Restart” button at the bottom of the Task Manager.
Your File Explorer will be restarted and then you should check if the problem of Taskbar showing in fullscreen Youtube is solved or not.
Way 2: Override the Chrome High DPI Scaling Behavior
By performing the process of override, this problem of Taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen Chrome can be solved. Follow the given steps for executing the process successfully:
- First of all, you have to go to the Chrome logo and right-click on it. In the appearing menu, you have to right-click on Chrome again. Now, from the next menu, you have to click on “Properties”.
- Now, when you are in the Properties, go to the Compatibility tab.
- After that, you have to select the “Override high DPI scaling behavior” option from the Settings tab.
- Then, you have to press the “Apply” button. This will exit the window by saving all the new changes.
After your process is complete, restart Chrome and see if this problem has been resolved or not.
Way 3: Turn Off the Visual Effects
The conflicting visual effects of Windows with other applications is not new. This makes the other application behave in a strange manner. Hence, this problem can also be caused due to the visual effects of Windows. So, in order to solve this problem, you can try to disable the visual effects. However, if the problem is not solved, you can turn it back on very easily.
- First of all, you have to open the Run box by pressing the R and the Windows key simultaneously. After that, within the Run box, you have to write “control panel”. This will open the Control Panel.
- In the “Control Panel”, you have to press the “System Security” option.
- After that, within the “System Security”, you have to choose the “System” option.
- Next, you have to press the “Advanced system settings’ option. Then, in the new window, you have to go to the “Advanced ” tab.
- In the “Advanced” tab, you have to select “Settings”. After that, you have to check the box for “Adjust for performance”. Then, you have to exit the window after saving the new changes.
When this process is completed, the graphics detail on your computer will be disabled. Then, restart your Chrome and see if the problem of Taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen Chrome gets resolved or not.
Way 4: Edit the Local Group Policy
The problem of the Taskbar showing in fullscreen Chrome can be fixed by editing the Local Group Policy. However, if you want to get the notification, you have to go back and enable it again. So, let us check out the steps to edit the Local Group Policy:-
- First of all, you have to enter the search bar of Cortana. Here, you have to type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- After that, you have to enter the User Configuration. Then, select Administrative Templates. Next, select Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Now, within this option, you will be able to edit different policies. You can look at different options from this list like Lock all taskbar settings, Turn off features advertisement balloon notifications, Turn off all balloon notifications, and Turn off the automatic promotion of notification icons to the taskbar.
- Next, go to the Notification tab within the option of Start Menu and Taskbar located on the left pane. Here, you will be able to do many setting configurations.
- Now, for disabling the policy, you have to select the settings and double-click on it. Then, click on “Disabled” and then click on “Apply” and confirm the changes you have made. Further, click on “OK”.
After the process gets completed, hopefully, the “Taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen Chrome” issue will be solved.
With the help of the above-discussed solutions, hope that you have succeeded in solving the “Youtube fullscreen Taskbar problem. It is sometimes very annoying to see a taskbar when you are playing a video on fullscreen. You can start by doing any one of the solutions first.
If you are unable to solve the “Taskbar showing in fullscreen Youtube ” error by applying that solution, then you can move on to the next one. All the solutions provided here are the best and most effective ones.