YouTube is the second-best search engine after Google. Youtube is a fantastic platform for watching videos on different topics and there’s no doubt on that. You can search and get results for any kind of video searches on YouTube. A variety of content is available for you on YouTube such as entertainment, educational and many more.
However, it would be better if you can play videos of YouTube on your smart TV, Roku or Kodi or Playstation or Xbox. With all the new smart TV connections, you can simply connect to YouTube within a few minutes. Even you can do the same with Roku, Kodi, Playstation or Xbox, and many other smart devices. Perhaps to watch it, you need to sign in and activate your YouTube.
Although the process of signing in is not much complicated, so here is a list of some of the smart devices to activate YouTube.
Activate YouTube on Smart TV
If you have a Smart TV and have a built-in YouTube app in it, then activating YouTube on your smart TV is very easy. Perhaps you need to keep in mind that all smart TV does not support YouTube, before activating check if it supports YouTube.
Now, to activate YouTube on your Smart TV, follow the steps listed below:
- First, open the YouTube app on your Smart TV
- Go to the Settings i.e the gear icon, click on it.
- You have to sign in to your Youtube account. You will be provided with an 8 digit code.
- Also, keep the screen of the Smart TV on.
- From your laptop or mobile phone, go to the com/activate.
- Now, provide your Google account information and sign in.
- After that, enter the 8 digits that YouTube gave you and click on Proceed option.
- Lastly, when you see the option, click on Allow Access.
After all the steps are completed, YouTube is activated on your smart TV. Now you can browse YouTube from your Smart TV.
Activate YouTube on Roku
With the help of these few steps, you can easily activate YouTube on your Roku device. You can now watch videos on your TV screen once YouTube is activated on the device. Go through the steps provided in the below section.
- At first, connect your TV with the Roku. Then sign in to your Roku account. Also, ensure that you are connected to the Wifi as well.
- Now, by pressing the Home button, go to the Home Screen.
- Next, select the Channel Store and then press OK from the remote.
- Hit to the Top Free option, then Select YouTube and then press Ok
- After that, you will see an option, Add Channel, select it and press Ok
- Wait till it is added. Once done, go to the main menu and check if the YouTube channel is added or not.
- Now, select the YouTube channel and open it.
- Go to the Setting of YouTube (the gear icon) on the left side.
- Select the Sign-in option and sign in to YouTube with your Google/YouTube credentials. An 8 digit code is given by Roku. Write it down or keep the screen on
- Go to com/activate from your laptop or phone.
- Accordingly, enter the Google information and sign in. Now, proceed with the 8digit code.
- Lastly, click Allow Access.
Activate YouTube on Kodi
Out of all the above steps, activating youTube on Kodi is a bit complicated. However, some of the steps are the same as above. Check the instructions below to activate YouTube on Kodi.
- Firstly, you have to go to the Settings
- Now, select the Add-ons
- Now, you have to select the “install” option from “Repository/Get Add-ons”
- Go to the “Kodi Add-on repository”
- Select the “Video Add-ons”
- You have to now locate and select YouTube and install it.
- Once the installation is done, go to the videos and accordingly select Add-ons.
- Again, open YouTube and select the Sign-in option. Add-on will give you a link.
- Now, you have to go to youtube.com/activate from your laptop or phone. However, if you are having trouble signing in from this link, go here https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/device/usercode?enable_delegation&pageId=none and enter the code.
- After that, provide your Google information credentials. Then enter the code and proceed.
- Lastly, select the Allow Access.
These are steps to activate YouTube on multiple devices. However, some of these steps can vary depending upon the device and the model you are using. But once you determine the model and the device, it is easy to activate the YouTube application. Also, you need to keep in mind that YouTube won’t be activated if your device does not support YouTube app.