Nowadays, many media publishers use a secure application Akamai NetSession Interface for optimizing the speed and efficiency of your system for media downloads and video streaming. If you want to gain a better experience with popular media downloads, then you should install this secure application for your purpose.
In case, you are here to know about the Akamai NetSesion Interface and the process to install it, whether to use it or not as well as how to remove it, then you are in the right place. Here in this guide, we will be discussing all this. Apart from this, you will also get to know the process to remove it. So let’s jump to the guide without wasting any more time.
What is an Akamai NetSession Client?
Whenever you are downloading any large file from the internet, the Akamai NetSession Client comes to play a vital role if you have it in your system. Basically, the client boosts the speed of the download, thus improving the downloading time. The main reason to use the Akamai NetSession Client is that many software and publishers can deliver as well as stream files.
However, the tool comes preinstalled with the PC or bundled with another program. Else, you have to install it manually. In addition to that, you might be thinking why it gets installed in the system because in some cases, you don’t check the terms and conditions and mark the “I agree”. Thus, it gets installed in the system.
Akamai NetSession Client is basically a download manager that allows you to download large files in a very hassle-free way. And to do that it boosts and improves the efficiency of the download speed. Moreover, it reduces the downloading time without even impacting the memory, disk space as well as CPU capabilities. Also, it does not violate the privacy or intrude on the computer.
Details of the Akamai NetSession Client:
Official URL: www.akamai.com/html/solutions/client_faq.html
Recommended Installation Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Akamai
Uninstaller of the Program: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Akamai\uninstall.exe
Size of Akamai NetSession: 36 MB (approx)
List of the Files Installed by the Akamai NetSession Interface:
Executable Program: netsession_win.exe
Name: Akamai NetSession Interface
Company: Akamai Technologies.
However, the Akamai NetSession Client is a stand-alone product from the Akamai Technologies, that will basically help you by reducing the downloading time.
Additional Installed Files
- admintool.exe – It is the Administrative tool of the Program.
- ControlPanel.exe – Akamai NetSession Client Control tool.
- installer_no_upload_silent.exe – It is the client installer.
- rswinui.exe – It is the user interface tool of the program.
- uninstall.exe – Tool that can be used to uninstall the Akamai NetSession Client.
Some of the Behaviors that are Exhibited by the Program:
In the registry, the netsession_win.exe akamai netsession client loads as the current user and it runs automatically. Besides, the name that is shown as the Akamai NetSession Interface, executes as “c:\users\user\appdata\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe”.
Not to worry the netsession_win.exe runs as an exception in the Firewall. And that is for “c:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Akamai\netsession_win.exe”.
- 184.108.40.206 (port 443).
- 220.127.116.11 (port 443).
- 18.104.22.168 (port 443).
- 22.214.171.124 (port 443).
Resources for the Program
If you are thinking about the resources that are being used by the program, then you can check the below-given list.
- Memory used by the Program is 6.87 MB
- The total CPU used by the Program is 0.005655% of the total.
Akamai NetSession Client: Is It Safe or Not?
You might be thinking is the Akamai Net session Client a virus or not? Fortunately, it is not. It is specially designed focusing on the purpose to improve the speed, efficiency, and reliability for the downloads as well as streams. Besides, this does not infect your system with malware. However, the program might monitor some of your activities and so it might get into the considerations. Thus, you might think of Akamai NetSession Interface should I remove it.
The Legit file is located in the given below location:
According to the developers, the Akamai NetSession Client only uses the computer when it is in idle mode or utilizing minimal network resources. Therefore, you can understand that the program keeps on monitoring your network use constantly and keeps on sending information to Akamai Technologies. So, if you don’t like all such, then you can remove the program.
How to Remove Akamai NetSession Client?
If you have privacy issues and don’t want to continue to use the Akamai NetSession Client, then you can follow the steps given below to remove the tool from your system. Although the instructions are given for both the Windows as well as macOS.
For Windows Users
If you are a Windows user, then go through the below-given steps.
- Open the Control Panel, you either can open from the Start menu or you can search for it.
- Then you have to change the View to Category which is located on the right-top corner of the screen.
- After that, you have to click on the “Uninstall a Program” which is under the Programs options.
- Locate and right-click on the Akamai NetSession Interface.
- Then you have to click on the “Remove” button. To confirm, click on “Yes”
If the above method does not work, then you can try this method to remove the tool from your system.
- Press and hold Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Once the dialog box appears, type “cmd” in the box and hit Enter.
- After that, type the command given below; admintool.exe uninstall -force
- Then hit the Enter to complete the task and remove the tool.
For Mac Users
If you are a Mac user, then you can follow the given below instructions.
- Use the “Finder” to find the NetSession Interface installation Folder.
- After that, you have to double-click on the Uninstaller app.
- And to confirm it, remove the tool from the system.
If the above method did not work, then you can go through the following steps:
- Open the “Application”, then click on the “Utilities” folder, followed by double-click on “Terminal”.
- Now, navigate to the “Akamai NetSession Interface” installation folder, which is located normally in ~/Applications/Akamai/.
- Type the given below command; ./admintool uninstall -force
- Now, to complete the task, you have to tap on “Enter”.
With this guide, you will now know about the Akamai NetSession Interface and how it works as well as how to remove it from the system. You just need to follow the instructions to remove this tool from the system.