The IMS Service has stopped working is a quite commonly occurring error message that generally pops up when the users are trying to make a call, or even sometimes randomly. Many Android users have reported this particular problem. Moreover, they tried to solve it on their own because this annoying problem interrupts the work that the users are doing on their phones. So, let us check out the solutions for fixing this error so that the users can make a call or use their phones hassle-free.
What is IMS Service?
IMS is the short form for “IP Multimedia SubSystem”. This is an architectural framework and is used for providing consumers with multimedia services. In earlier days, Android phones used to use the circuit-switched-style network to provide the service of the voice calls. Whereas, now it uses an IP packet-switched network for providing voice call services.
However, this is not yet standardized all over the Android industry and in spite of this, there are many options for delivering voice calls.
Reason Responsible for “IMS Service has Stopped” Error:
So, go through the below section to know about the common reasons that will cause this error message to show up:
1. Third-party Messaging Applications
If you install any messaging application from any third-party site, this application will cause problems with the default messaging service of your device. As a result of which, this error might pop up.
2. Android Software is Outdated
Another reason for this error message to show up is because your Android software is outdated. These updates are very important because they tend to fix the bugs that were there in the software after the previous update. Failing to do so can also generate this error.
3. Due to Outdated Applications
If some of your applications are not updated after you have performed a software update, then this error will show up. This is because the application will not be compatible with the updated software. Failing to update the software can leave the bugs in the applications as it is.
4. Default Messaging Apps
There are some configuration files that are provided by the telecom companies before providing messaging, calling and internet facilities. Sometimes, these files interfere with the applications of the device and trigger this error.
A cache is stored by every application to reduce the loading time. This is done by saving the temporary file. However, these temporary files can get corrupted over time and cause this error message.
Reliable Solutions to Get Rid of the “IMS Service has Stopped” Error:
Now, check out the solutions for this IMS not working error. These are very effective solutions that you can implement on your device to resolve it permanently.
Solution 1. Update the Android Software
Sometimes, the UI of the manufacturer or the Android software might have bugs. Whenever a new update is released, the manufacturer fixes the bugs and other problems from its previous update. Hence, it is necessary to perform the update.
You can follow the given below methods to check for update and if available, perform the update:-
- Go to the Settings option of your phone.
- Then, click on the “About Phone” option located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, within this option, you have to select the “Software Updates” option. After that, click on the option of “Check for Updates”.
- Then, if any update is available, you will be able to see the “Download Now” option on the screen. You have to click on this option to start the downloading process.
- After the process of downloading is complete, you will see an option to confirm the update installation. Click on the “Yes” option. To install the update, the phone will restart.
- When the installation will be completed, the phone will boot up normally.
Now, check if the “IMS Service has stopped” error message is still showing. You can move on to the next solution if the problem is still not fixed.
Solution 2. Perform Application Updates
All the applications on your phone need to be updated. This is important because this error message can appear when an outdated application creates conflict with the OS. So, to update the apps successfully, you can follow the steps cited below.
- Open Google Play Store on your phone.
- Then, on the top-left corner of the screen, you have to click on the icon of the three horizontal lines. This is the icon of the menu. Now, from the menu, you have to click on the “My Apps & Games” option.
- After that, go to the “Updates” tab and then click on the “Refresh” icon.
- Now, press the “Update All” button. This will allow all the applications to get updated one by one.
Check your phone and see if the “IMS Service has stopped” error message is fixed or not.
Solution 3. Customize the Configuration of the Message
The Network carrier settings configuration can interfere with the messaging application and make it unable to work properly. So, to solve this problem, you have to disable some of the carrier network settings of the application. To do this, you can follow the given steps:-
- Open your default application of messaging.
- Then, go to the top-right corner of the screen and click on the icon of the menu. Now, click on the option of “Settings”.
- After that, select the “AT&T Messages Backup & Sync” option. Within this option, you have to click on the “Disable the Sync”.
- Lastly, reboot your device and see if the “IMS Service has stopped” error message has stopped appearing.
For Rich Communications
- In the messaging app of your phone, click the icon of the menu.
- Now, click on the Settings option. In this option, you have to select the “Choose Chat Settings” option.
- After that, go to the “Rich Communications Settings” options. Here, you have to uncheck “Rich Communications”.
Now, reboot your phone and check if the “IMS Service has stopped” error is solved or not.
Solution 4. Delete Caches and Message App Data
If this problem of IMS is caused due to the message app data, then, it will be best to delete the cache and the data of your messaging app. You can follow the given steps to delete the cache and the app data:-
- Open the Settings of your phone. Then, select the “Apps” option. Here, you have to click on the “Message app”.
- After that, open the “Message” app and then the “Storage option”.
- Next, you have to click on the “Clear Cache” button.
- After that, you have to press the “Clear Data” button and then confirm your action.
When the process is complete, restart your device and see if the “IMS Service has stopped” is fixed or not.
Solution 5. Factory Reset your Android Device
If none of the above solutions works for you, then you can try doing a factory reset for your Android device. However, when you perform this method, all the data on your phone will be deleted. So, before you start with the process, you must do a backup of your mobile data.
After that, you can follow the steps stated hereunder.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- After that, you have to hold down the Power, Bixby, and the Volume Up button simultaneously.
- You have to hold them down until the Recovery Menu appears on the screen.
- After that, use the Volume Down button to navigate to the option of “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- You have to select this option by pressing the Power button.
- Next, you have to click on the Yes option. Go to the option by using the Volume Down and then confirm by pressing the Power button.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- When the process is complete, you have to use the Power button to select the “Reboot System Now” option.
Now, your mobile is free of all the unwanted elements. There is a great chance that the “IMS Service has stopped” error message will be solved after performing this process.
I hope that you understood the solutions discussed above. They are very simple to perform yet very effective. You can select a specific solution if you know the responsible reason behind the “IMS Service has stopped” error to occur. You can even try out the solutions one by one until this error is fixed.