Users can distribute multiple digital media as well as other information to other devices in their office or their home with the help of Myfiosgateway, which is a Verizon router. It is one of the most powerful gateway routers available and can connect devices using both wired and wireless connections. With the help of this router, you will be able to connect all your home devices like tablets, laptops, computers, phones, and many other devices.
However, if you think that Myfiosgateway is not secure, then you are wrong. It uses VZ limited access for the router. This is a protocol that is encrypted and needs the correct SSL certificate. And, this cannot be hacked easily.
When it comes to using a router, it is always better to stay secure by changing your password from time to time. Many users who are using this router at home uses the default password. This makes their router vulnerable to threats. So, if you want to know the procedures for changing the password, then you are in the right place. Here, I will be discussing some of the effective methods to change the Myfiosgateway password.
How to change Myfiosgateway Wi-Fi password
With Verizon, you will get many tools that will help you to change your password as well as your user name. There are basically three major ways in which you can change the myfiosgateway login details. So, let us see them one by one.
Using the Fios Mobile App
This is a very straightforward and seamless method of changing the password.
- Download the application of My Fios. This is available on both the iOS and Android app stores.
- Now, select the option of “Internet”.
- After that, go to the section of “My Networks”. Then, choose the network for which you want to change the password.
- Now, press on the button of “Edit” and enter the new user name and password that you want to set.
Using My Verizon
Another way of changing the password is to go to the Myfiosgateway.com and login to your account. You must have a Verizon account in order to complete this process.
- Open your Verizon account.
- Go to the option of “Services”. Then, click on “Internet option”.
- After that, go to the section of “My Network”. From here, you have to choose the network for which you want to change the password.
- Now, enter your new password and click on “Save Changes”.
Manually Changing the Password
This is the easiest way to change the Wi-Fi password. If you follow the steps carefully, you will be able to change the password very easily. Make sure that you are connected to the Fios network via LAN or Wi-Fi. After that, follow these steps:-
- Open your browser after you have connected to the Fios network.
- Enter 192.168.1.1, which is the IP address.
- After this, the login page for your Myfiosgateway will open up. Here, you have to enter the user name and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset the router to its default settings.
- You can check the user guide or stickers on the router for the default login credentials of the router.
- After entering the correct login details, you can now do the Myfiosgateway.com login and access your router settings.
- Then, you will be able to change your password by using the on-screen instructions or the user guide.
I hope that from the above discussion you have learned to change your router password when you face the ‘Myfiosgateway not working’ problem. These are very very easy and effective methods, and you will face no difficulty in changing your password.