Comcast Cable Communications provide wireless, telephone, internet and cable TV services. Xfinity is the trading name used by the company. It has different remote models for different television sets. In spite of its otherwise great services, some users have reported that they are facing the problem of Xfinity remote not working. This can be a really serious problem as you will not be able to control your TV without a properly working remote. If you are looking to solve this problem, then you are in the right place. I will be discussing the reasons and some common solutions to fix this issue.
Reason for Xfinity Voice Remote Not Working
The primary reasons for which this problem can occur are as follows:-
- App or device problems- This problem can occur if the device you are using or the application itself is facing a communication problem.
- Remote Program- When you first purchased the device and got the remote, it has to be programmed with the box you are using. Without the proper settings, the remote will not work.
- Battery issues- Batteries are one of the primary reasons for this problem to occur. Your remote will not work at all if the batteries that you are using is dead.
- Physical damage- If your remote has taken some physical damage, then there is a chance that it may have also suffered some internal damages also. This can affect the critical internal components and make the remote to stop working.
Now that you know the reasons for this problem, let us see the solutions that can fix this it.
Solutions for Xfinity Remote not Working
Before you start with the solutions, you must make sure that your remote has no hardware damage and the batteries you are using are not dead. Now, follow the solutions discussed below:-
Solution 1. Resetting and Programming the Remote
You have to program the new remote or the new box when you first buy it. However, if you have programmed it but it has stopped working suddenly, then you have to reset your remote. So, let us see the procedure of programming and resetting for the different Xfinity remotes.
Procedure to Fix Xfinity XR15 Remote not Working
- Press and hold the button of Xfinity and i.
- After that, you will see a code on your TV screen.
- Use your remote to enter the code.
- Then, a verification window will pop up on the screen. You have to click on the button of “OK” on the option of “Yes” showing on the TV screen.
- After that, the instructions for the further steps will be displayed on the screen.
- When the process is complete, check the remote’s volume key to see if it is working.
- If you find that the problem of Xfinity XR15 remote not working is solved, you have to select the option of all set after pressing the button of “OK”.
However, if the remote has suddenly stopped working even after you have already programmed it, then you have to reset it. You can follow these steps to reset the remote:-
- Hold down the button of A and D.
- After some time, you will see that the green light of the remote has turned on. Now, press the number of 981 on the remote.
- Now, you can program your remote with your box.
Procedure to Fix XR11 Remote not Working
- On your remote, keep holding down the button of “Setup”. You have to hold it down until you see the green light showing up in place of the red light.
- Now, press the button of 981 on the remote. However, you must note that some of these models also use the number 991.
If you see that the Xfinity voice remote not working problem is solved, then you don’t have to proceed further. However, if the problem still persists, then you can try to reset your remote. You can follow these steps to reset your remote:-
- Keep holding the button of “Setup” on your remote until you see a green light in place of the red light.
- After that, click on the help button of “A”.
Now, your remote will be reset and you can now configure it with your box again and check if the problem is solved.
Solution 2. Reset your Xfinity Box for Fixing Xfinity Remote not Working
If the previous solution did not work for you, then you can try to reset your Xfinity box. There is a chance that your box might be having some problems. This problem can cause the remote to have communication errors with the box.
So, to reset the box, you can:
- Locate the button of “reset” on your box and press it for 5 seconds.
- You will also be able to reset the box by using the app of “Xfinity My Account”. Make sure that you use the app to do the long reset only. If you want to do the short reset, you can use the first procedure.
After you have completed the process of resetting your box, check if the Xfinity voice remote not working problem is resolved.
Solution 3. Check your Batteries
As I have told before beginning with the solutions, you must always check the batteries of the remote. If you are using drained out batteries, then the remote will not work. Always make sure that the batteries you are using have a charge in them. So, whenever you face this Xfinity voice remote not working problem, you must first replace your old batteries with a pair of new ones and see if the problem is solved.
Solution 4. Examine your Remote for any Physical Damage
If your remote has suffered some physical damage, there is a chance that it will stop working. This is because any physical damage can cause serious internal damages to the sensitive electrical components. In such a case, it is better to get a new remote.
Using the services of Xfinity is impossible without the remote. So, when the remote stops working, the users are not able to enjoy their favorite shows on Xfinity. You can implement the above solutions to solve this problem. All these solutions are effective and easy to follow. So, use these and get rid of this Xfinity voice remote not working problem now.