Due to malware, adware and spyware threats, nowadays, most of you are using various types of antiviruses and malware removal applications on your system. Among which one of the most commonly used malware removal applications is the Malwarebytes.
However, recently many users are complaining about the Malwarebytes cannot connect to Service issue. Basically, whenever you launch the Malwarebytes application, it shows an error message “Unable to connect the Service”.
So, if you have encountered the same issue, then you probably are looking for some solutions to eliminate this error message. Here in this guide, we have provided all the procedures that you can implement on your system to get rid of the Malwarebytes error cannot connect to Service issue.
Probable Causes Responsible for the Malwarebytes Cannot Connect to Service:
According to many users, the reason behind the issue is due to problems in the software. However, there are many reasons that cause this issue. However, the exact reason for the issue is still unknown. Although we have predicted some of the causes that actually triggers the issue. Some of these are mentioned below;
- Context Missing problems.
- Installation errors.
- Technical issues with the Windows system.
- Infection in the software.
According to the experts, when the system is highly affected and when the Malwarebytes is installed in the system, then the application also gets infected. It results in affecting the Malwarebytes application.
Top-Notch Procedures to Fix the Malwarebytes Error Cannot Connect to Service Issue:
Now, as you are aware of the possible causes which are responsible for this issue, it is important to fix this with ease. Here, we have provided all the solutions that you can implement on your system to fix the Malwarebytes cannot connect to service issues.
Fix 1: Check the Malwarebytes Application
Before moving to the more complicated solutions, it is important to check if there is an issue with the application. Therefore, you can follow the instructions provided below to check if there are any errors in the application.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R key. When the dialog box opens, simply type “services.msc” and then hit the Enter button to open the Services of the system. Alternatively, you can search it on the search bar of the menu.
- In the right panel, you have to look for the Malwarebytes Service. Then right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- When the Properties menu opens, you have to change the Startup Type option and then change it to Automatic.
- Perhaps, if you see that the Malwarebytes Service is not running, then right-click on it and select the Start option to start it.
- After that, ensure that the come back to the Services list and check if the Malwarebytes Services is showing running or not.
Now, try to launch the Malwarebytes application.
Further Steps that You Need to Follow:
After the launch, you might get this error message on the screen “Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
However, if you see this error on your screen, then go through the following instructions to solve it quickly.
- Open the Services and then open the Malwarebytes Services. Further, open the Properties section.
- Then you have to locate the Log On tab in the menu. Now, you have to navigate to the “This Account” option.
- Furthermore, click on the “Browse” option.
- In the next menu, you have to provide the Computer name, then click on the Check Names. Once done, wait until the authentication process is completed.
- After the authentication is done, you have to provide the password in the Password section and then click OK.
- Lastly, click on the Start button to start the Malwarebytes services.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Malwarebytes Application from Scratch
Many users have reported that if the Malwarebytes application is reinstalled from scratch, then this has solved the issue permanently. Therefore, if the above solutions did not solve the Malwarebytes error cannot connect to service issues, then follow the instructions given below.
Perhaps if you have bought the premium version of the Malwarebytes, then you have to find a way out to get back the Activation ID and the key.
- Press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box. In the dialog box, you have to type “regedit” and hit the Enter button to open the Registry Editor of the system.
- Now, depending on your PC bit Architecture, you have to retrieve your Activations ID as well as Key.
For 32bit (Windows X86): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytess’ Anti-Malware
For 64bit (Windows X64): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytess’ Anti-Malware
What to Do Next?
- Firstly, you have to launch the MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware), then click on the My Account section. After that, deactivate your account.
- Now, go to the Settings menu and click on the Advanced Settings. Next, you have to untick the Enable Self-Protection module in the menu.
- Open the browser and then download the mbam-clean.exe from the official site. Install it.
- However, before you start the process, remember to close all programs and disable the Antivirus.
- Once done, now launch the mbam-clean.exe tool and go through the on-screen instructions.
- Now, you have to untick the box that is next to the Trial option.
- Once the program launches, then click on the Activation button.
- Now, you have to paste the Activation ID and the Key in that section to activate the licence.
- Once done, launch the Malwarebytes application and check if the issue is solved or not.
Fix 3: Remove the Third-Party Antivirus
Plenty of users have reported that sometimes, the presence of another third-party antivirus in the system causes this issue. However, Malwarebytes is developed in such a way that it can work with other antiviruses as well.
Although the cause is very rare, according to the experts, users never had any such issues with the Malwarebytes Application. Though it can be concluded that this is likely to be due to a single version of the Malwarebytes. Therefore, you can wait for a new hotfix or new patch to release.
Perhaps, if you need to use the Malwarebytes immediately, then you can follow the instructions provided below.
- So the best solution that you can follow is to set an exception in the Settings of the Antivirus for the MBAM.
- Mostly, the issue is seen for the F-secure application, which is an antivirus tool of the Windows System.
- Therefore, you can move the entire folder of the Malwarebytes in the F-Secure application.
Fix 4: Remove the MBAM in Safe Mode
If none of the above solutions fixes the Malwarebytes error cannot connect to service issues then you can uninstall the application from the system. However, if you find that it is possible to remove the MBAM from the system, then you can go through the following guidelines.
- Press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog box. In the dialog box, you have to type “MSConfig” and hit the Enter button to open the System Configuration Utility of the system.
- Open the Boot tab and then navigate to the Safe boot option.
- After that, mark the box next to the Safe boot option, thereby, clicking on the Radio button next to it.
- Now, you have to click on the OK button and confirm the process before restarting the system.
- Thereafter, your system will restart in Safe Mode.
- Once it starts, go to the Settings menu and then select the Apps section.
- Navigate to the Malwarebytes application and click on the Uninstall button to remove it from the system.
- Lastly, from their official website download and install the latest version of the MBAM application in your system.
That is all with the methods to fix the Malwarebytes cannot connect to service issues. You can go through all the procedures and then check which one solves the issue in your case.