Protecting your computer is very important as it has many important data stored in it. This information can be like business files, login credentials of PayPal, credit card numbers, etc. Losing these data in a virus attack will perhaps be catastrophic. So, choosing a robust antimalware software like Malwarebytes helps us in securing and protecting these data.
However, may users of Malwarebytes have lately reported that they are facing the problem of “Malwarebytes unable to contact license server”. When this problem occurs, you will not be able to run the app. This is a very big problem because the time for which it is down, your computer will be in constant threat. However, if you are facing this problem, do not worry. Here, I will be discussing effective solutions for this problem.
Solutions for the Malwarebytes Unable to Contact License Server Error
Follow these solutions carefully to start using Malwarebytes again:-
Freshly Reinstall Malwarebytes
Many users reported that they were able to solve this problem by doing a fresh Malwarebytes reinstallation. For this process, you have to keep your Activation key and ID handy. Now, start with the process by following the steps below:-
- Open the start menu and in the search bar, type “regedit”.
- After that, based on the architecture of your computer, you can extract your Key and ID from the following places.
If you are having the Windows x84 32-bit, then you have to open the folder of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and then go to the folder of “SOFTWARE”. Then, open the folder of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”. You can find the Key and the ID here.
And, if you are having the Windows x64 64-Bit, then, you have to go the folder of “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. After that, go to the folder of “SOFTWARE” and open the “Wow6432Node” folder. Now, open the folder of “Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”. From this folder, you can copy the Key and the ID for Malwarebytes.
Now that you have your Key and ID, you can start the process of reinstalling Malwarebytes.
- Launch the app of Malwarebytes and go to the option of “My Account”. After that, select the option of “Deactivate”.
- Then, open the option of “Settings”. Now, locate the “Advanced Settings” option and click on it. Here, you have to locate the option of “Enable self-protection module”, and uncheck the box beside it.
- Now, close the application and go to the official website of Malwarebytes and download the file of “mbam-clean.exe”.
- Disable your antivirus and terminate all the other programs running on your computer.
- Then, double click on the file of “mbam-clean.exe” and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. After that, you will be prompted to reboot your computer.
- Now, search the official website of Malwarebytes and install the latest version of the software. You can install the update by following the on-screen instructions.
- Next, go to the “Trial” option and uncheck the box beside it.
- Launch the software and press the button of “Activation”.
- Now, enter your activation key and ID in the box. This will activate your license automatically.
- This will successfully activate your Premium version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
After the successful reinstallation of the Malwarebytes, check if the ‘Malwarebytes unable to contact license server’ error is solved or not.
Additional Solution to Fix Malwarebytes unable to contact license server
- You have to check if the path of the license that is present in the error has the correct IP address and hostname of the system of license management. However, if you see the option of ‘Not Set’ showing in the License Path, it indicates that the License Manager is not organized with the Administrator of the desktop.
- If you see that Malwarebytes is showing ‘License Path’ is correct, this means that the license manager is not running. So, you can now carry on with the process.
- Open your License Manager and go to the option of “Programs”. Then, go to the option of “ArcInfo”, and then to the “License Manager” option, and to the “License Manager Tools”.
Now, you have to restart the License Manager:-
- Here, click on the Service radio button to check the configuration.
- After that, go to the tab of “Start/Stop/Reread”.
- Then, click on the option of “Stop Server” and again click the option of “Begin Server”.
Next, verify the availability of the license by performing a standing Enquiry
- Go to the tab of “Server Status”.
- Then, press the button of “Perform standing inquiry”.
- Next, select the option of “Display Everything” Check the status inquiry to see if there are any errors.
- After that, check the log file of the license manager to find any error. Then, go to the tab of “Config Services” and select the option of “read (view)Log”.
- Here, you will be able to find errors within the license manager log files. You can fix this error accordingly and your Malwarebytes error cannot connect to service error will most likely be solved.
Anti-malware software like Malwarebytes is very useful in protecting you from the internet threats in day to day life. So, when it is down, it will put you at great risk. Hence, use these solutions and solve this problem and put your security back on.