ASRock was established in 2002. They specialize in building motherboards. Pegatron Corporation currently owns ASRock. It has become the third-largest brand of motherboards in the world. It has its headquarter in Taiwan, Taipei, and it also has branches in the USA and Europe. So, if you want to update BIOS in the ASRock, you can follow the methods discussed below.
Methods for an ASRock BIOS update
There are two methods by which you can update the BIOS of ASRock. The methods are explained below in a step by step manner for better understanding. So, follow them to learn the procedures for downloading and installing BIOS:-
- Here, you have to save the downloaded ASRock bios update file on a USB drive that has been FAT32 formatted.
- After that, press the key of F2 during the process of POST. This will help you to get into the setup menu of BIOS.
- Now, select the tool of Instant Flash and then launch it.
- After that, all the devices will be automatically detected by the ASRock Instant Flash. Then, it will only show you the BIOS that is compatible with your motherboard.
- Now, click on the version of BIOS that you want to download. After that, you have to press the option of “Yes” to update the BIOS.
- Now, the computer will start the procedure to update the BIOS.
- After the process is completed, you have to press “OK” and the computer will reboot itself.
- When the computer turns on, you have to press the key of F2. This will take you to the setup utility of BIOS. Select the option of “Load Default Settings” in the Exit menu and then hit Enter. Now, exit the setup utility of BIOS and then the system will update the new BIOS on your computer.
So this is the first method for the ASRock update BIOS process. You can follow this process or try the next one.
- You have to take a USB drive that is formatted in the FAT32. Save the files of BIOS in this drive.
- When you will see the page of ASRock, you have to press the key of F6.
- Choose the BIOS version that is suitable for your system. Click on the BIOS and select the option of “Yes” for updating the BIOS.
- After that, your computer will start the BIOS update process.
- When the update is complete, you will be prompted to press Enter. After that, press “OK”. This will start the reboot process of the computer.
- Now, when the system restarts, you have to press the key of F2. This will take you inside the utility of the BIOS setup. After that, choose “Load Default Settings” from the Exit menu and then hit Enter. Then, choose the option of “Exit Saving Changes” and hit Enter. Now exit the setup page of BIOS, and the computer will boot up again using the new BIOS.
I hope that from the above discussion you are able to understand how to update ASRock BIOS. These are very easy methods and you will be facing no difficulty in applying them. Update your BIOS now and make your computer work more efficiently.